Using Yucheng (Hikvision) PTZ camera with Amcrest NV4108E-HS NVR. How to program a "tour" into it, and tell it "GO"?

LilAbner

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, all. I'm a newbie here, in San Diego CA.

Title kind of says it all. I have an all-Amcrest system of five security cameras, four 4MP and one 8MP, none of them PTZ) built around an Amcrest NV4108E-HS hard-disk recorder (6TB).

I just bought a new Yucheng (Hikvision) P02Z3514T20 PTZ camera (not PoE), ran power to it, unplugged the 8MP Amcrest camera, and plugged the new Yucheng into that port in the NV4108E-HS. Got a beautiful picture, and even found I could manually pan, tilt, and zoom it with the NV4108's screen and mouse. And when a person walks past in the camera's view, it draws a green rectangle around him, which follows him across the screen, though the camera lens never moves (yet). Excellent so far.

Apparently this Yucheng PTZ camera can be programmed to do two additional things:

1.) Set a pattern (called a "tour"?) of places for the camera to point to in sequence, to check out various parts of the street, and
2.) When a person walks across its view, draw the rectangle as above, and then zoom in on him somewhat, and move the camera automatically to track him, keeping him in the center of the screen.

I haven't yet figured out how to do those last two things yet. Has anyone plugged a Yucheng PTZ auto-tracking camera into an Amcrest NVR, and figured out how to do either of them?

Thanks all!

LilAbner

n3wb
Reaction score
Leafing through the menus on the Amcrest NVR itself, I've found places where I can set up "Presets", which evidently can be used as places where the camera goes while scanning around the area. And where (apparently) I can designate Preset 1, Preset 2 etc. which sounds a lot like setting up a tour.

But there's no indication of how or where I can tell the system, "OK, that's my tour plan, now go ahead and go to Preset 1 for 10 seconds, then Preset 2 for 25 seconds, then Preset 3 for 15 seconds, then back to the origin for 30 minutes, then start over".

This may be a purely Amcrest situation, where if I find the right commands in the Amcrest NVR's interface, it will send the appropriate commands to the Yucheng (Hikvision) PTZ camera to program the camera, and everything will work.

But... anyone know how to get the Amcrest NV4108E-HS to do that?

LilAbner

n3wb
Reaction score
Called Amcrest. Their helpful advice:

"That camera is a 3rd party camera (i.e. not from Amcrest). We don't recommend using 3rd party cameras, because sometime not all functions work."

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Since today on Sat. 7/18 you have posted the same topic in another thread, you can go there and read my reply if you want.

BTW, please do not create more than one thread on the same issue, topic or question.
You joined & posted Thursday, today is Saturday.....have a little patience, my man. Between work, family and chores it can take some time for a response from someone. :cool: