Utilizing 12x PTZ to capture plates, faces... - setup input

tomas21

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How are other utilizing PTZ's to capture specific locations and details based on movement?

I have a SD42212T-HN 12x optical PTZ with limited IVS configurations.

PTZ main purpose is to capture license plates on street when someone from street comes onto my driveway. Also when someone comes to the front door zooming in on them when they leave the driveway.

Looking for input ... do I use IVS tripwire event and then have the PTZ zoom to a predefined preset, use motion detection from other cameras I have that triggers the PTZ to zoom to preset...

Unfortunately this PTZ doesn't have auto tracking capabilities from what I can find.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A good LPR camera has to be dedicated to LPR use only, when you tune that camera to read plates at night it wont be of any use at all for anything else.. Ive got that camera, its far too good to be wasted on LPR, thats why I have another dedicated camera for that job.

tomas21

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
A good LPR camera has to be dedicated to LPR use only, when you tune that camera to read plates at night it wont be of any use at all for anything else.. Ive got that camera, its far too good to be wasted on LPR, thats why I have another dedicated camera for that job.
Nayr- How have you utilized your SD42212 for PTZ and what cam are you using for lpr?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thats just a motion sensor and a contact sensor hooked up to the AlarmIO, I now have a home automation system controlling it with dozens of sensors it can use.. mailbox, backdoor, other gates, window sensors, etc.. I implemented an external idle preset so after dark it zooms in on my car and in the morning it backs off for a wider view of the whole yard.

and my LPR camera is a Dahua box camera with a 60mm lens, and an IR cannon inside a birdhuose.. attached are some sample images of what you can expect to see at night.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator: