Oddworld

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I am using:
2x CMIP9142W (LTS 4MP bullet)
3x CMIP3042W-28 (LTS 4MP turret)

All cameras have worked fine using firmware 5.3.2

I recently upgraded the firmware to V5.3.6 build 151204, and now one of the 4MP bullet cams left me the following for a few hours:

oOyUi6g.jpg

Has anyone seen this before?

When resetting the camera, it still happened. I think that I've narrowed the problem to variable bitrate, but am not 100% sure given the variables involved. The problem persisted over factory resets.

Is this a bad unit, a firmware bug, or something else? Oddly... the other bullet seems to be doing fine. Although, after this, I've switched everything back to constant bitrate.

zero-degrees

Known around here
Reaction score
I upgraded Dome's and Turrets to this build almost 2 weeks ago - no issues on my end. I have no 4mp bullets.

hook3m

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Have you tried reinstalling the firmware?

FastCamMan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Oddworld,

Yes, I have seen this a few times. Happened to us with a Hikvision branded NVR.

When it was only one or two cameras it was resolved by factory defaulting the Cameras at issue but it sounds like you already tried that.
The other time it was global and it had to do with the NVR firmware not playing nice with 5.3.6. Upgrading the NVR to 3.3.6 or later resolved the issue.

Are you running H.264+? Try disabling that if you are and see if the issue goes away.

Oddworld

n3wb
Reaction score
I have reinstalled the firmware. And H264+ is not an option (I only see H264).

Oddworld

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, I left it running overnight with constant bitrate, not variable. It locked up again.

Oddworld

n3wb
Reaction score
It's just one camera, which is what I'm worried about. I bought from milkisbad, so I have no concerns about the warranty. My only concern is the hassle of uninstalling / reinstalling / shipping.

Oddworld

n3wb
Reaction score
Problem seems to have corrected after reverting to 5.3.2. Any ideas?