VBR image cycling blur

BelMa

n3wb
Reaction score
Until now I'm configuring all installed Dahua cameras with Variable Bit Rate (VBR), as it seems a good compromise between image quality and disk space. With VBR the images I see momentary slight blurred frames on major bit rate oscillations, but final result is more than acceptable.

But I've just installed another unit of DH-IPC-HDW3449H-AS-PV-S3, the 4MPx TIOC unit that I've placed before in another premises with very good results, and I was really surprised with the very bad image quality using VBR in day condition: in a static scene the image goes completely blurred for 1 or 2 seconds each 5/7 seconds, that disappears changing to CBR. And no blur in night black&white IR mode.

I've configured both cameras identically, and both have same firmware version, the latest from Dahua. They have very similar light conditions and both scenes are quiet, in fact the preexisting one that works well with VBR is having more motion moments that the new one.

Why is this happening ? Any explanation ?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

BelMa

n3wb
Reaction score
Setting CBR solves the issue. But I've also discovered that some VBR configured cameras that were working well for weeks have now this issue, even after reboot.

Very strange...