VCA search "no picture file found"

benetton73

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a Hikvision NVR DS-7616NI-E2 running firmware V3.4.62, camera that are attached are 1 DS-2CD2322-I and 8 DS-2CD2032-I cameras
cameras are all running firmware V5.3.0.
I have Line cross detection set-up and I receive emails and also alarm notifications on iVMS-4500, but there is never any pictures when i search in VCA search i always get "no picture file found"
Cameras are set with the "Save VCA picture" checked
I did search this forum and google and there was only one post and someone responded saying his worked that was it
please help

Thanks Brad

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

benetton73

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the link, I have actually already looked at this, I do have my NVR showing these VCA events and i'm getting emails with pictures and alarm notifications to the app, just no picutres when you use the VCA search it just always shows "no picture file found"

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I thought most Hikvision NVRs only support VCA search for behavior analysis, face capture, people counting and heat map results, and only if the cameras provide it. But I'm new at this. Good luck.

benetton73

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Maybe some picture will help, in the first it shows in the camera settings, for vca top right corner save vca picture, this is checked, in the second shows the vca search and you can pick all or each indivdually, picture shows "line crossing detection, the third, no picture file found, and the last is that the green indicators are for the smart events(line cross) and i do receive emails with pictures for these events20160812_181542.jpg20160812_181627.jpg20160812_181641.jpg20160812_181738.jpg

Hotelone

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You're way ahead of me on this, so I wish someone who knew more would chime in. Your NVR is similar to mine, and has the same verbiage in the manual as mine has on the top of page 136: "With the configured VCA detection, the NVR supports the VCA search for the behavior analysis, face capture,people counting and heat map results. The DS-7600 series NVR supports the behavior search only." I took this to mean that a VCA search for line crossing was not possible for the 7600 series NVR's. Please keep posting your results here - it'll help me when I wade into this.

drew91101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. I'm running an LTS 8716p16 with the latest firmware. I have everything set up as you do benettton73 but no dice. I get the email alerts so I know the line crossing is configured correctly and have the VCA picture checked off. No idea here.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. I'm running an LTS 8716p16 with the latest firmware. I have everything set up as you do benettton73 but no dice. I get the email alerts so I know the line crossing is configured correctly and have the VCA picture checked off. No idea here.
No pics in my DS7608N1-I2 either but, if you look under common menu/normal-smart tab/then scroll top corner down to picture you will find all the pics