Vehicle Drops Possible Stolen Mail

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
This morning I noticed a woman picking up what I thought might be trash in the street. After looking more closely at the video, it appears that it might have been stolen mail (you can clearly see her picking up what looks like individual letters). These items had just been dropped in the street a few minutes earlier by a red SUV as it turned the corner. It looked like a male driver and female passenger. After they turned the corner they appeared to stop at the mailbox of our neighbor's across the street.

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
Mail theft is big right now. We have two or three customers that have us monitoring cameras that face their business's mailboxes. From my experience, these people are looking for checks, either coming or going. They can go to a check cashing store or gas station, and cash them with a fake ID. The banks aren't doing much about it. One customer was expecting a $14,000 check from one of their distributors for over a month. They finally realized that their mail was getting stolen and the checks were being cashed. Good video and good heads up lulu5kamz.

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Chic looks like she smiles as they pass your own mailbox.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Chic looks like she smiles as they pass your own mailbox.
You're right, if you pause the video when the SUV passes by, it does look like she's smiling. Also, did you notice the drivers side most rear window is covered in black plastic and when the woman was picking up the mail, one of our cats was watching her while hiding in the bushes by the mailbox(she is right in the center of the screen). That's her entertainment during the day, watching the strange things that happen on the corner.