Verizon & Customer Service Stupidity

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
We have a landline. I notice it is out today, so I go out to the box, and check, no voltage, no signal, nothing. So I call Verizon, and things go down hill. I get the phone bill, find the number to call, and dial away. They want to know my PIN. I have no clue, so they send a text to my cell phone that is associated with the landline phone. Okay, great! Now I'm in! Nope. Because I am calling from my cell phone, also with Verizon, they put me through to Verizon Wireless customer service. Which has a 20 minute wait. There is no option to get to CS without going through VZW because I called from my cell phone. :banghead: So I wait....Eventually, someone picks up and transfers me. I have waited 20 minutes so far. They transfer me to a totally different phone system, obviously much older, totally different setup, and no voice recognition, have to use keypad. And, the wait there is 20 minutes, they say, or they will call you back. So I opt for the call back. :banghead:

While waiting I decide to try online. I eventually get to a chat bot, which wants me to answer a bunch of questions about things, and finally, sends me to a real person, probably with five chat windows open. I tell them my landline is down and I have checked the NID box outside. They spend a few minutes running some checks, and come back and tell me they will dispatch a technician! Finally!! Success!!

Of course NOT!

They say the first tech available is in ONE WEEK!! Yep, a week out to come repair the phone line. Can't freaking believe it. They first make me agree to stay 6 feet away from their techs, or wear a mask if not vaccinated. I tell them I will agree to their non-science based rules. I spent an hour trying to get a tech dispatched, and it will be a week. Heck, I can piss of Facebook and get banned in less than an hour! :eek:

Ahhh, customer service!!