Version 4.0.1.12

Reaction score
This version appears to solve a long standing issue with Windows 7 x64 instability when compared to operation under Windows 8 x64, specifically with the decoding of MJPEG or encoding of MPEG4 video.
The post Version 4.0.1.12 appeared first on Blue Iris.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Just wanted to state that with version .11 all of my crashes have stopped (I'm on W7 64bit). I'd been plagued by random resets (improper shutdown) from day one. With V3, and V4. I rebuilt my BI PC numerous times, replaced memory, tried every single one of the suggestions here an at cam-it. I'd always get random crash within 24-48 hours of the previous one.

Ever since .11, it's been solid. I've even stressed it with multiple logins (in rapid on/off succession - which always caused crashes).

I sent an email to Ken stating, "I know I only email you when I have some bug to report... but this time, I'm writing to praise you for the latest (.11) update. Not a single crash..." To which he said, "If you think that's great, just wait till .12".

So, with that, I say, bring it on!

BTW, if you've ever written to Ken to complain or report problems, make sure you take the time to thank him when it's working like it should. We all need that every now and then.

Last edited by a moderator: