Version 5 bug?

chinacam

n3wb
Reaction score
All this are working in my V4, latest 32bit version before version 5 came out.

Installed a V5 64 bit. This wont work in V5.
It is not me because i can set it all up in V4 and it work

*"Highlights & Rectangles" in version 5 "Rectangles" wont work on http stream only on RTSP.
*Zone are so buggy and wont work stable at all. Made a simple zone A and B and i remember to cover them all in ex Zone C. Then do this A>B wont trigger at all, or maybe 1 out of 100. V4 work.

For me V5 is a big step back. Looking for just one stable version.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I certainly can't solve all your problems, but check which motion sensor algorithm you are using. I think that "Simple" algorithm is still the most reliable.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It isn't a bug, it is simply more customization to help eliminate false triggers and you need to account for that.

Edge vector only works well with one zone. Once you add more zones, you need to go to simple.

Also make sure that you turn object detection off - only use that if you are trying to knock out false alerts, which you have the opposite and you are not getting alerts. Uncheck the move so many pixels and uncheck the reset at 67% boxes and it will start detecting.

None of my cameras use those two features.

chinacam

n3wb
Reaction score
Is the "Rectangles" working on all your cam's?
For me it only work if using RTSP in V5. Version 4 both work.

Why is the color changed for "Rectangles" and making zone? If it must be changed, then do it as an option or from a color pallet to select by your self...

Last edited:

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Most of us only use RTSP video sources. You may have found a bug. If you report it to Blue Iris support, be sure to include a screenshot of your network IP camera configuration panel in BI, along with a screenshot of the relevant motion detector settings.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Post some screenshots of your field of view and settings for motion.

There are some fields of view where the object detection of moving so many pixels or reset after a certain size is needed, otherwise that option wouldn't be there. But too many try that first and then it knocks out legitimate triggers. This should be used to knock out the false, so only turn it on if you are getting non-stop triggers.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Post some screenshots of your field of view and settings for motion.

There are some fields of view where the object detection of moving so many pixels or reset after a certain size is needed, otherwise that option wouldn't be there. But too many try that first and then it knocks out legitimate triggers. This should be used to knock out the false, so only turn it on if you are getting non-stop triggers.
Thanks, I don't won't to hijack this thread. I'll try and post a new thread tomorrow.