Version 5 is live!

Reaction score
To install version 5 you must use the FULL installer, not the updates. When upgrading from a previous version, you must be on support or purchase at least 1 year of Extended or Priority support and your license will be upgraded (indefinitely). Please be patient with support as we expect to receive many messages over the weekend.

The post Version 5 is live! appeared first on Blue Iris.

robl

n3wb
Reaction score
My version of Blue Iris said I was ready to upgrade to release 5. So I downloaded the new 5 version and installed it. Some how though BI lost the license key and I had difficulty finding my key. A bit later on another pc I found the key plugged into BI 5 and it is working just fine. I had emailed BI support for the key but have not heard from them yet and no longer need them to respond. Sorry I panicked. I did have to define all of my cameras. Some how they were lost.

Culmac

n3wb
Reaction score
My install was almost flawless, I downloaded the V5 installed and everything was as it should be. BUT, then I could not access from iOS or Mac (Safari). I figured out the windows firewall had to be modified because BI is now a different name. Ran the BI wizard and it corrected the problem. iOS now works but I have no history files from iOS.
My Mac still wont work, gives some error dialog... WHY no testing???

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
My install was almost flawless, I downloaded the V5 installed and everything was as it should be. BUT, then I could not access from iOS or Mac (Safari). I figured out the windows firewall had to be modified because BI is now a different name. Ran the BI wizard and it corrected the problem. iOS now works but I have no history files from iOS.
My Mac still wont work, gives some error dialog... WHY no testing???
Look at Step 8 and Bug 1 here in this migration guide. Blue Iris 4 to 5 Migration Guide

I think the v5 upgrade definitely would have benefited from more testing. It has been pretty messy.

Culmac

n3wb
Reaction score
Look at Step 8 and Bug 1 here in this migration guide. Blue Iris 4 to 5 Migration Guide

I think the v5 upgrade definitely would have benefited from more testing. It has been pretty messy.
Mine had the correct path in it but I redirected it and now it works... don't know why but that is good.
Only issue currently is I'm unable to get remote management to work. Seems like I'm getting connected and remote screen goes off but I cant see anything on mine. I do get a couple of error dialogs but I didn't note them yet.
Thanks for your help!

58chev

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
To install version 5 you must use the FULL installer, not the updates. When upgrading from a previous version, you must be on support or purchase at least 1 year of Extended or Priority support and your license will be upgraded (indefinitely). Please be patient with support as we expect to receive many messages over the weekend.

The post Version 5 is live! appeared first on Blue Iris.
Will Blue Iris integrate the latest patch upgrades into the full version?
Or are we at the mercy of eventual headaches and hair pulling to get to the latest patch?

What happens 6 months down the road, if my BI PC needs to be reformatted, I re-install Win10? Will V.5 accept my V.4 key(s)? Would that include installing full version plus the latest patch?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Will Blue Iris integrate the latest patch upgrades into the full version?
Or are we at the mercy of eventual headaches and hair pulling to get to the latest patch?

What happens 6 months down the road, if my BI PC needs to be reformatted, I re-install Win10? Will V.5 accept my V.4 key(s)? Would that include installing full version plus the latest patch?
as in the past he updates the installation file. They key transfers.

pmcross

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Has anyone seen that BI supports Windows 7 again? I just received an email from BI going over the new features as well as stating that Windows 7 is supported again. Just wanted to pass this along.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen that BI supports Windows 7 again? I just received an email from BI going over the new features as well as stating that Windows 7 is supported again. Just wanted to pass this along.
There is a thread discussing it.