Vertically mounted PTZ?

magma1447

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I am looking into buying my first dome PTZ camera from Hikvision. The problem is that I would like to have it vertically mounted on a wall, without a bracket. The reason behind that is that I want it as discreet as possible for that particular location.

Is it possible to have the PTZ models vertically mounted? I am using "normal" domes on walls without any issues. What I am afraid of is that the rotation will be weird when panning and tilting the PTZ. For those with fixed angles I have manually fixed the rotation of course.

The particular model I am looking at is DS-2CD2785FWD-IZS - Hangzhou Hikvision Digital Technology Co. Ltd. .

SkyLake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No, you will get issues with the pan and tilt, as the directions are not correct anymore.

Pan will turn into a "clock" and tilt will go all wonky also. Best way is to mount it like it should be.

Here is a example of a vertically mounted PTZ (motion sickness aware) :D :

If you need to mount a camera vertical, you better go with a non ptz camera.

magma1447

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you SkyLake, you pretty much confirm what I was afraid of. I might end up buying a regular one then to be honest, at least for this case. Super nice that you provided an example video. I have been searching Youtube for hours. :) Much appreciated.