Very strange signal loss

StewartJ

n3wb
Reaction score
I have remote gate cameras (a mix of Mobotix D14, D15, and D16 cameras) that periodically show signal loss in Blue Iris. There is a single public IP assigned to a modem, that connects to a PoE switch, that connects to the cameras and the gate. There is no router and the port forwards are done in the modem. It's about as simple a setup as I can create. There are 3 gates with this configuration.

The issue is that some of the cameras have intermittent signal loss. For example, right now on one of the cameras it's showing "Signal Loss" for about 5 seconds out of every minute. Here's what weird, though. If I log into the camera interface and watch it through the web browser it never drops. Not just in the browser but in BI as well! If I close the browser BI will start showing signal loss again. Open the browser back to the interface and it doesn't drop a single frame. As long as the browser is open to the camera's IP, BI doesn't drop. And it doesn't matter from what machine the browser interface is open. I'm currently in a different network 10 miles away from the BI network. If I log into the camera interface from here then BI is still fine. If I close it from here then BI loses signal sporadically.

I have no idea how to begin to troubleshoot this but here goes:
I connect to the camera on port 81.
If I go to the camera at http://71.71.71.71:81 I get the web interface.
BI is configured to go to http://71.71.71.71:81 so both BI and the browser go to the same IP and port.
It doesn't seem like it's the camera since it works in the browser.
It doesn't seem like it's the Modem/router forward since it doesn't go down on a telnet or a browser connect.
It doesn't seem like it's BI since it is remedied by having a browser open to the camera and no changes in BI.

Any ideas/advice?

StewartJ

n3wb
Reaction score
I just realized that the cameras having problems are all D16 cameras. The D14 and D15 cameras are fine. I'm running Release 4.8.2.2 x64. Could it be that I need to update BI? The camera make and model selected is Mobotix D14 since that was the current model when these came out. Does the newest version have a built in option for D15 and D16?