Video Analytics

MakoMillenium

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone using video analytics successfully especially for human detection? A few years ago there was a lot of hype and it seemed to be pie in the sky but I think it has since evolved into a decent tool although expensive. I often need a wide field of coverage where the relevant target moves through the frame in the distance beyond effective analytics range. I have had good results with Flir on board analytics picking up human targets at 600m with a 19mm lens. The unit is solidly mounted and the settings are biased toward night time detection when the heat contrast is greater than daytime which generates false alarms. Admittedly a 35mm lens would be better but we would then miss the broad area surveillance that is needed restricted by budget.

Reaction score
I have had success with video analytics that detect human activity. Avigilon Rialto (Video IQ), agentVI, CheckVideo all work pretty well. Some of the equipment is expensive and some products have monthly hosting fees. There are cloud based analytics, server based, and on board analytics in cameras and encoders. For event based video monitoring, analytics are pretty much a requirement.

MakoMillenium

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions Bryan, we do use Rialto and it's performance seems reasonable. I'll look into your suggestions.