Video Card for 3 camera setup ?

dashpuppy

n3wb
Reaction score
I just read on this wiki, that a dedicated video card will not improve anything with a NVR. Currently i'm running 4.0 and find that my camera is laggy when watching the playback OR it misses motion all together.

Are there anytips and tricks out there to remove the missing frames and laggyness ?

Currently running 2 cameras on a xeon 8 core with 32 gigs ram. Windows 2008r2. JUST 2 cameras. One is a PTZ one not.

Choosing Hardware for Blue Iris | IP Cam Talk

SkyLake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Update the video driver to the latest version for your system. Problem could be the Server 2008 version, due to support. As it is more aimed at corporate stuff, and not consumer grade.

Review the motion trigger setup, and / or your network settings. Lag does not always mean, that the problem is graphics rated (it's not a game system)

The system is total overkill for a 2 / 3 camera setup.

Last edited:

dashpuppy

n3wb
Reaction score
Over kill yes but it's a VM on hyper-v. and the server i have is way to powerful but hey can't pass-up a good deal :)

SkyLake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Over kill yes but it's a VM on hyper-v. and the server i have is way to powerful but hey can't pass-up a good deal :)
Ahh ok. That explains it. And i have to agree on both Hyper- V and not passing a good deal. Also got lots of servers laying around here that were a pretty good deal :D

dashpuppy

n3wb
Reaction score
The box i have is a HP ML350p Gen8. Hyper v server 2016 with 18vm's. 256gigs ram soon to be 6 10tb drives. Currently running 6 x 3tb drives. I love that BI can be virtualized. Just installed their app on my phone DAMN this app is wicked !