Video date/time overlay appearing on motion?

Rockford622

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have 2 Dahua cameras that I use for LPR duty and have the video overlay checkbox turned off (always have). These cameras only record on motion. Live video displays properly, no date/time overlay. When motion is detected, suddenly BI puts the date/time in the lower right corner (where it should be, if the checkbox was checked) of the image. 1st image shows live view, 2nd shows motion detected view and 3rd is the settings for this camera. What could be going on here?

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPGCapture3.PNG

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you just update BI - this was an issue posted in another thread and some had to re-check the direct-to-disk saving option to get the overlay gone or revert back a version.

Looks like you are using UI3 and for some it is showing there now.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Go into "Edit" on "Display Overlays" on the video config tab and delete the date and time from there. If you don't want date and time appearing on the recording, which would probably be a good idea to have in the recording, go into "Webcast" and shut it off there as well.

Rockford622

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you just update BI - this was an issue posted in another thread and some had to re-check the direct-to-disk saving option to get the overlay gone or revert back a version.

Looks like you are using UI3 and for some it is showing there now.

Yep, and apparently this is a new feature. It's taken care of now as I have turned it off for each camera on the Webcast tab. I have each camera add the date/time so having BI do it for me is unnecessary. Thank you!

Rockford622

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Go into "Edit" on "Display Overlays" on the video config tab and delete the date and time from there. If you don't want date and time appearing on the recording, which would probably be a good idea to have in the recording, go into "Webcast" and shut it off there as well.
Thank you, got it all sorted out. Nice feature, but I have each camera put it's own date and time in the video.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Same here, but the recent updates record meta data, like date and time, in the BVR recording. Sort of a hidden gottcha.