Video detection - Movie length

wasssu

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
When my IP Camera is detecting a motion it starts recording but as I can see creates only movies o 15-17s max (if the subject is still moving creates a new movie of 15-17s and so on) and starts recording also with a delay. From where can I set the length of the recording and also the delay? I only have the ip camera, no nvr.
I the Record Control section I have Pack Duration = 8 min, pre-event record 2s. Or this is for something else?
In the Video Detection section I see that I have a min of 10s record delay that can't be changed to 0.
Thanks!

MyDaHua

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Salut,

I am in the same situation as you, IP Dahua is recording on FTP or on SD card when FTP is unavailable.
If I'm comparing my Dahua IP with my old dvr Qsee analog system ( still in use ) it is a regress... for Dahua IP.
On Qsee everything it is cristal clear: I have to set record time before event detection and after detection, end of story, that is all you need.
On Dahua, documentation it is very bad written probably translated by Chinese for the rest of the world with google translate, no logic, and no explanation.
As I understand on my IP camera:
I can't set a pre record time = before event detection higher than 2 sec because ... it is a Dahua IP that don't have a larger buffer to store more data. :banghead:
I did not figure yet how to set post event record duration... I have to think that is no such option on Dahua IP. :banghead:

MyDaHua

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If I am not mistaken from web research:

For my Dahua IP camera:
Record Delay will be translated in record time after motion is detected. ( because it has minimum value of 10s and a huge max value of 300s = 5min )
Anti-dither period translated to record time for motion event detected.

MyDaHua

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Small tutorial with pictures with my conclusions how to set your EZ - IP CAM to detect and record properly:
It is important to understand the area you want to detect and record:
- small area vs large area.
cam01-00.jpg cam02-00.jpg
- adjust different sensibility zone for enter, exit and middle if required also based on illumination and distance.
cam01-md-zr1.jpg cam01-md-zr2.jpg
cam02-md-zr1.jpg cam02-md-zr2.jpg
- adjust the length for recording:
motion detection time to record after first event is detected = Anti-Dither ( any other motion/action detected in this interval will be recorded in the same clip )
and
record time after no more motion it is detected = Record Delay , here last 10 sec from clip:
for this small area I don't need large motion detection time because it is a low chance that subject will hod there for action and sensibility it is high.
cam01-md.jpg
for large area with more chances to have more action and subjects entering/exiting I need more detection time to record all the action in the same clip:
cam02-md.jpg
I don't need large clips, 5min it is ok but I need max pre-record time to prevent cases when motion it is not detected right away, here this are the first 2 sec from clip.
cam01-rc.jpg

MyDaHua

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is how to set the EZ-IP CAM to record on FTP server and SD card in case of emergency when FTP down ...
Setup auto delete old files after xx days ( the old files will be deleted from FTP and from SD card all the time ).
- define FTP and test then select FTP to be primary destination for recordings:
record.jpg ftp.jpg
here space used on SD card when FTP was unavailable:
sdcard.jpg
- auto clean after 11 days:
auto-clean.jpg

wasssu

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you know a way to save the recording in the same time to ftp and sd (maybe connect to the camera via telnet and modify config files)?

MyDaHua

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nope I don't think it is possible because this this will require high processing from camera and specific coding.
Imagine how you will code a program to record on two locations in the same time, do you record first clip on one location and after that on second location or do you record each x sec, what about cases when write error will appear with one location ... maybe a better comparation is RAID controller a dedicated HW.

wasssu

n3wb
Reaction score
I found an old thread (2013) on another forum but they don’t give much details, they were talking about saving in the save time to nas and sd. Search on google “dahua config hacking! Nfs, sd

MyDaHua

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Interesting.
Unfortunately
Code:
http://ipaddress/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=getConfig&name=
is not working for my camera and I can't test it.
I will be happy to succeed to activate recording on NAS for my cameras as I don't have this option at all.
Saved config as it is need a processing to be understandable...

wasssu

n3wb
Reaction score
That link only gave you some config info. The idea is to activate telnet on your camera (like this: http://your_ip:your_port/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&Telnet.Enable=true) , connect via telnet, find config files and modify them. Of course, if exists a solution by modifying config files.

MyDaHua

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
First we need latest API doc because for my camera until now no luck accessing any of settings other than via interface.

MyDaHua

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
No ssh or telnet port are opened on my camera firmware...

wasssu

n3wb
Reaction score
There is an option in the camera setting to open the SSH: System->Safety
Didn't tried yet to connect.

MyDaHua

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not on my EZ-IP camera...
Device Type IPC-D2B20-ZS
System Version 2.622.0000000.4.R, Build Date: 2018-09-18
WEB Version 3.2.1.16089
ONVIF Version 16.12(V2.0.0.16075)
Safe Baseline Version V1.2

p.s.
ce model de camera ai ?

MyDaHua

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I made a small progress; I found a tool that can display info from my camera, and after I had that info, I found a dump of my firmware:
Code:
[*] [Dahua JSON Debug Console 2019,2020 bashis <mcw noemail eu>]
[x] Opening connection to 192.168.22.155 on port 80
[x] Opening connection to 192.168.22.155 on port 80: Trying 192.168.22.155
[+] Opening connection to 192.168.22.155 on port 80: Done
[x] Dahua JSON Console
[x] Dahua JSON Console: Starting
[x] Login
[+] Login: Success
[+] Started keepAlive thread
[*] Remote device: IPC-D2B20-ZS
[+] [System]