Video discrepancy from applications IPC-HDW4431C-A

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has had this problem.

I have a IPC-HDW4431C-A and when i spin it so its vertical i have 2 different results with web services and the mobile app vs the SmartPSS application. The smartPSS seems to scale the video correctly where the web services doesn't. Any ideas why?

See below:
Web and Mobile view

webservices.JPG

SmartPSS
PSS.JPG

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
web view just scales it to your display and wont pad it, dont believe you can change this behavior.. it is being recorded correctly.

Reaction score
ahh ok that was what i was thinking, it was driving me nuts, i was running in and out trying different settings.
That and when i showed someone the cameras at work they said everything looks like but that squished fat one haha

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
thats one of the things that suck about cooridor mode, it works best when everything's in cooridor mode and you have a monitor flipped sideways to display em on hehe

I could see schools/hotels, etc with alot of cooridor cameras doing that.. but when you have just one your trying to display on a horizontal display it kinda sucks, you have it scaled waay down to fit in the limited height, plus it might stretched the other way.

If your wanting to see that car in the driveway, you would be far better serviced by another camera actually on the garage front and with a lil bit of zoom.. when you try to stretch coverage try not to compromise, you could probably put this back horizontal mode comfortably with a better view on your car at the same time.

Reaction score
No not trying to catch the car just want to catch the walkway and porch. I have one on the garage that captures the cars in the driveway. The video is being recorded correctly, so it's all good.