Video freeze in motion detection enabled

tamiya915

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi
I have 5 HIKVISION DS-2CD2120F-I firmware 5.3.0 and NVR DS-7732NI-E4 firmware 3.3.2 connected through Netger Poe switch.
Everything works ok with continous recordings in 1920x1080 at 25fps, live video and recorded are smooth and clear.
The problem is when i enable motion detecion on camera. When object enter detection area i have video freezeng for 0,5 s - 1 s and then return to normal. This is visible on live view and also on recordings.
Try to change a resolution, fps i-frame setting but no luck. This is real annoying, anyone can help with that ?

Thanks a lot
Marek

Last edited by a moderator:

vegas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi
I have 5 HIKVISION DS-2CD2120F-I firmware 5.3.0 and NVR DS-7732NI-E4 firmware 3.3.2 connected through Netger Poe switch.
Everything works ok with continous recordings in 1920x1080 at 25fps, live video and recorded are smooth and clear.
The problem is when i enable motion detecion on camera. When object enter detection area i have video freezeng for 0,5 s - 1 s and then return to normal. This is visible on live view and also on recordings.
Try to change a resolution, fps i-frame setting but no luck. This is real annoying, anyone can help with that ?

Thanks a lot
Marek
Do you have different settings between the NVR and each individual camera?

- - - Updated - - -

can you tell me how to configure NVR DS-7732NI-E4
What do you mean? You need to be more specific.

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have the same problem with DS-7608NI-ST and camera DS-2CD3310D

ADCS

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I don't have a solution but I had the same issue. I am now using 24/7 continuous record with motion still active and have no issues.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The same thing happens with my 24/7 recording setup, that when motion is detected it will record motion also. (Which does nothing since it's already recording 24/7, BUT what it does do is on my video playback timeline, it will highlight in yellow the time frame where motion was detected) So with that, I can look at my playback timeline and see if there was any motion. I think it's just one of those things.

djangel

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Match your normal stream and event stream FPS/bitrate in your NVR to the same and see if motion will still causes the freeze. Could be an issue with FPS/bitrate, CBR/VBR difference between modes causing the lag/freeze.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mine is matched, using CBR 2048, 15FPS
Mine doesn't always do it though.