Video Freezes

program2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just started installing cameras at the house - only have one up right now. All seems to be good - have it set-up (needs reaimed a bit) and Blueiris running smoothly. The camera is a Dahua Starlight.

One problem -- Every time the camera is motion triggered it shows the first few seconds of video then freezes for 4 - 5 seconds before running fine again. In live view this does not happen.

Any idea what's causing this? (also, ignore the Dahua time stamp that's wrong, I've removed that now).

Here is an example:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Just started installing cameras at the house - only have one up right now. All seems to be good - have it set-up (needs reaimed a bit) and Blueiris running smoothly. The camera is a Dahua Starlight.

One problem -- Every time the camera is motion triggered it shows the first few seconds of video then freezes for 4 - 5 seconds before running fine again. In live view this does not happen.

Any idea what's causing this? (also, ignore the Dahua time stamp that's wrong, I've removed that now).

Here is an example:
match i frame interval to fps...also try a dahua rtsp profile...

program2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did both of these and still getting the freezing condition. :(

program2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think I figured it out. I increased the buffer and it seems to have worked. Will continue to test.

program2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Spoke too soon. They started with the same 3-5 second freezing again. Only when recording. Doesn't do it in live view.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Spoke too soon. They started with the same 3-5 second freezing again. Only when recording. Doesn't do it in live view.
instead of h.264H try h.264 in the camera settings.

Mr-Gizmo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
try unselecting "Use RTSP/stream timecode" in Blue Iris' camera configuration.

program2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
instead of h.264H try h.264 in the camera settings.
On the camera the only 2 options are h.264H or h.265 - unless I need to change something else to access additional feeds.

Appreciate all the help!

program2

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anyone know how long it take Blue Iris support to reply to an email? It has been 11 days and still nothing (I sent a follow up 4 days ago). The video still freezes and I miss large swaths of action.

Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone know how long it take Blue Iris support to reply to an email? It has been 11 days and still nothing (I sent a follow up 4 days ago). The video still freezes and I miss large swaths of action.

Thanks!
make sure you are sending from a standard email address, gmail etc..nothing custom..
usually you will get a response within a day or two..
Have you excluded BI program AND storage folders from antivirus?
make sure windows is set to high performance and drive is set to never sleep.
I would uninstall and reinstall.