Video Loss Alerts

Dazcomputers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can't seem to find the way to configure an alert to send to my email, text, or app when a camera or cameras have a loss of video. Been looking for awhile this morning so I have to turn to you all for some help.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Dazcomputers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thats where I was looking and have it set. But when I disable the camera I don't get a loss of video alert. Does disabling not send the alert for video loss? I am logged in remotely to the system and would like to test video loss. Im sure there has to be a easy way to test for video loss. I have detect loss of signal checked

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1 to what @fenderman said.
You also have to have BI 'options', 'email servers' configured with your e-mail smtp server, port, login, etc.
Also camera 'Alerts' to send the e-mail.
You could unplug cam power to test.

BI's help for 'watchdog' then 'Alerts' should assist you.

Dazcomputers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I do get alerts for motion so that is working the emails come through sms works and app push. I just want to be sure video loss comes through. I lost a couple cameras due to IP change when the router rebooted and didn't know about it until I looked.

Dazcomputers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
+1 to what @fenderman said.
You also have to have BI 'options', 'email servers' configured with your e-mail smtp server, port, login, etc.
Also camera 'Alerts' to send the e-mail.
You could unplug cam power to test.

BI's help for 'watchdog' then 'Alerts' should assist you.[/QUOT
I will look in help as well to familiarize myself some more though thanks. I can't unplug power at this moment because Im logged in remotely. But I will try when I get on site

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I do get alerts for motion so that is working the emails come through sms works and app push. I just want to be sure video loss comes through. I lost a couple cameras due to IP change when the router rebooted and didn't know about it until I looked.
if you disable the camera in blue iris you certainly wont get a video loss alert and that is what you want - you knowingly disabled it. if you want to test it, unplug the camera.