Video recording for Sricam AP006 IP dome camera (C#)

Reaction score
I have ordered a Sricam AP006 IP dome camera from China for security purposes. The basic functions work well (including PTZ motion control), but I would like to build some additional features to improve its efficiency.

The first and foremost is that I need customized video recording, but I can not figure out how to do that.

In more details: I want to capture and save the video stream while the camera is panning between a specified 'A' and 'B' points. I do not want to record all day long, only within a specified time interval.

Instead of using a dedicated DVR or NVR, I would apply a software-based solution. (I prefer .NET languages, especially C#.) I have made some researches and I think the easiest way to implement this feature if I use a camera library. But I can not see Sricam in the list of cameras supported by the only one C# camera library (www.camera-sdk.com) that I found.

Can anybody help me to get started? Any idea would be appreciated!

adesmond2

n3wb
Reaction score
I have ordered a Sricam AP006 IP dome camera from China for security purposes. The basic functions work well (including PTZ motion control), but I would like to build some additional features to improve its efficiency.

The first and foremost is that I need customized video recording, but I can not figure out how to do that.

In more details: I want to capture and save the video stream while the camera is panning between a specified 'A' and 'B' points. I do not want to record all day long, only within a specified time interval.

Instead of using a dedicated DVR or NVR, I would apply a software-based solution. (I prefer .NET languages, especially C#.) I have made some researches and I think the easiest way to implement this feature if I use a camera library. But I can not see Sricam in the list of cameras supported by the only one C# camera library (www.camera-sdk.com) that I found.

Can anybody help me to get started? Any idea would be appreciated!

Reply might be a bit late but you would be able to set the time frame with the applications that come along.

tincho1900

n3wb
Reaction score
i have a sricam AP006 and i did not know that i could do that. did you find how to do it?
what programm do you use to record your videos? or just the sd card?
do you know if this camera can work with the function "autotracking"?
thanks in advance