Video Settings/Cam advice "WARNING" Pedestrian Crash video

SoCal

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi folks, had a hit and run outside my place last night

No one seriously injured they are walking today just a bit sore. Neighbors.

GRAPHIC VIDEO
2 ladies get bumped by a car

Anyway I wanted to turn this bad thing into something positive

Running a amcrest bullet cam 3mp with blue iris

What I would like to know

What would be a better and or best cam for this view of the street for night security?

Have 2 other cams pointing each direction on the street, would like ultimately the holy grail to see the license plates or at least better definition

Blueiris ~ What settings would you use? I do use motion trigger as it's not that busy a street. I have plenty of storage (its cheap)
Frame rates
Simple or Gaussian algorithm
Make time etc etc?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

GRAPHIC VIDEO Person getting hit by car

Video quality reduced by Ytube

<span style="color:#000000;">

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Anything but amcrest.

To get number plates at night you need dedicated cameras just for that. So if you want number plates and activity both sides of the street you are going to need 4 cameras.

SoCal

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Anything but amcrest.

To get number plates at night you need dedicated cameras just for that. So if you want number plates and activity both sides of the street you are going to need 4 cameras.
I agree I have 3 duahua cams in the back of the house. That cam was my first and need it replaced

I have no issues adding cameras.
This stuff is not my area of expertise but learning more everyday.

To do that I would need at min a block diagram with notations as what they do.

:)

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
record 24/7 and setup motion to just flag events on..

having a full 1/3rd of of your image being a wall is horrible, its fucking your exposure to hell and back

driveway cams are better served by 6-8mm cameras, wide angle like that is a complete waste.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
If you like to monkey around with enough IR light and focal length sure thing go with those Dahua/Hikvision. Otherwise nothing beats mini ptz for this kind of thing. I have two of those dedicated for street watching which would catch exactly this kind of thing

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You can improve that image straight away be rotating the camera 90 degrees and make it taller than wider if that makes sense. The reflection from the wall is ruining any night-vision.

SoCal

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
record 24/7 and setup motion to just flag events on..

having a full 1/3rd of of your image being a wall is horrible, its fucking your exposure to hell and back

driveway cams are better served by 6-8mm cameras, wide angle like that is a complete waste.

Cool, yeah it was my first try before I knew how bad it sucked. Not to mention the reflective car cover screw the wall.

:)

SoCal

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You can improve that image straight away be rotating the camera 90 degrees and make it taller than wider if that makes sense. The reflection from the wall is ruining any night-vision.

Much appreciated I will do that now until I can replace them