Video Stream Lost

mrattray

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have searched through a number of posts on this but unable to find a solution to what I have happening. When using UI3 on a windows based machine I always have the "video stream lost" pop up. I run in a "live cycle" mode. Not a problem statically.

It is very annoying and I don't have this problem when using a rasperry pi. It happens on both laptop and desktops. I have connected directly via ethernet cable to eliminate that even though it works with wifi just fine on Pi.

Appreciate if someone can advise how to troubleshoot. Blue Iris is regularly updated so that isn't problem. Tried cutting resolution down to 720 and that doesn't do it either.

mrattray

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Always only update with "stable". Video never lost at monitor connected direct to server that cycles frames . Only when using UI3 on windows machine in cycle mode. Doesn't have issue with rasperry pi. Maybe something windows related but I am not sure and I have tried 4 different PC's. It is used to view additional monitor at home and I like to cycle so picture is large enough to see.

Evroul

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have had the same issues and have reverted back to 8.3.3.3 to fix em. Updating isnt always necessary as “updates” are often minor and probably won’t give you better picture or anything revolutionary. My advice: try to roll back

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have had the same issues and have reverted back to 8.3.3.3 to fix em. Updating isnt always necessary as “updates” are often minor and probably won’t give you better picture or anything revolutionary. My advice: try to roll back
That is a typo, that is not a valid version number.

Evroul

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is a typo, that is not a valid version number.
You are right, can’t remember the number and was answering from my phone. Was just making a point. My bad, and thx for correcting me so the gentleman wasn’t looking for it.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
@mrattray

Hi.

I was able to reproduce an issue like this on my main system and narrow it down to one particular camera, which causes the cycle stream to freeze. I have no idea why it affects this one camera. The camera has a 1920x1080 main stream, 704x480 sub stream, H.265 for both, and Blue Iris is rotating the video 270 degrees. But puzzlingly another camera with the same resolutions, codec, and rotation, does not cause a problem in a cycle stream. I can even make a group containing only that one affected camera, and trying to view its cycle stream just fails.

Two things I can do to make it not fail:
  • Stream at 480p or lower quality (I guess this means Blue Iris will be not trying to use main streams)
  • Stream using the Jpeg codec.

Unfortunately the problem is in Blue Iris, not in UI3, so I can't do anything directly to fix it.

mrattray

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
bp2008

That was very helpful and it works in 360 or jpeg. Not what I was hoping for as I wanted better resolution. Do you think BI is working on a fix or shall I inform them about their issue? I haven't figured out how to roll back to a prior version.