video stuttering and ghosting. DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P

benimars

n3wb
Reaction score
seems like i found a issue with my nvr.

when i play back previous recordings the video seem to stutter every 10-20 seconds and skip frames. there is also ghosting problems.
i have tried many different codecs,frame rate,max bit-rate and also tried updating the nvr firmware.

model: DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P
firmware:V4.40.015 build 200616
currently run 2 full 4k cameras and 1 at lower setting.

anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

i have contacted the ebay seller i bought this from a couple month ago but havent got back to me yet.Screenshot_15.jpg

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I had some of the same problems with my Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2/8P NVR. At the time I upgraded to firmware version 4.22.000_190821 and that solved my problems. I have not bothered to further upgrade the firmware on the NVR as it is working just fine. I am just wondering if you have to upgrade the software "a version at a time" to get all the fixes installed? Just curious if jumping to the latest versions has all the previous "fixes" in it.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The incoming band width on that NVR is 80Mbps (that bits) . Have you exceed the processing power and network power of the NVR. Test by reducing your bit rate and frame rate on the cameras.

benimars

n3wb
Reaction score
The incoming band width on that NVR is 80Mbps (that bits) . Have you exceed the processing power and network power of the NVR. Test by reducing your bit rate and frame rate on the cameras.
I have tried putting the frame rate at 10. And 15. Still found issues. What max bitrate should I do?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
i use 8192 Kbps on my 4MP cameras, with a variable bit rate. Just pick one from the drop down .

If the problem is still happening with a frame rate of 10 then , processing power is not the problem.

benimars

n3wb
Reaction score
i use 8192 Kbps on my 4MP cameras, with a variable bit rate. Just pick one from the drop down .

If the problem is still happening with a frame rate of 10 then , processing power is not the problem.
I think there is other issue. I'm also using purple hard drive.
The seller had informed me he has contacted the manufacturer.

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Assuming your experience the issue while there’s motion in the picture (you mentioned “ghosting”) check what your settings are for “event”. Refer to the pic you posted, hit the drop down menu for “stream type” then select “event” those are your settings while there’s motion in the picture.

benimars

n3wb
Reaction score
Assuming your experience the issue while there’s motion in the picture (you mentioned “ghosting”) check what your settings are for “event”. Refer to the pic you posted, hit the drop down menu for “stream type” then select “event” those are your settings while there’s motion in the picture.
in the drop down i only have
*main stream
*sub stream
*transcoded stream

what is transcoded stream?

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
in the drop down i only have
*main stream
*sub stream
*transcoded stream

what is transcoded stream?
I’m not sure. But I also don’t understand why you don’t have an “event” setting like I do on all of my channels...

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i just went on nvr instead of ivms and found the setting for event. should i put the max bitrate highest possible?
Can you post another screen shot of the current “event” settings?

benimars

n3wb
Reaction score
Can you post another screen shot of the current “event” settings?
i just matched the event setting with the continues and it seems everything is working fine now. i never thought before to change the settings from the actual nvr.

Thank you Sir, you fixed the issue for me.

Last edited: