VideoLink Control App for IP Cams

DGMAX99

n3wb
Reaction score
Two of my newer IP cams (e.g. Jennov and Vikylin/PanoEagle) utilize an app called "VideoLink" for access and control. Both cameras have auto-tracking feature enabled. Problem is, after the cameras track motion to some position, they stay in the position where the movement stop and do not return to the original location of view. I have other auto-tracking cameras (e.g. JideTech) which use HiP2P Client IP Camera which return to the position they were looking before the motion was detected and tracked, usually the last position of view.

Question is, is returning to the last set position of view a function of the camera firmware/software or some setting I am overlooking within the VideoLink app?

I don't recall seeing a independent setting within any of the configuration pages for any of the auto-tracking cameras when accessed directly through the browser, but I am kinda new to the auto-tracking feature included on some of the newer IP cams.

Thanks

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Not familiar with those models but every other auto track has a setting to return to preset x after x amount of time.

DGMAX99

n3wb
Reaction score
When I get a minute I will dive back into the config screens and see what I can find. Seems like it would be an obvious setting, but I just don't remember seeing anything associated with it.

Thanks!

DGMAX99

n3wb
Reaction score
Took a few minutes to revisit the camera configuration settings directly from the browser and still cannot find a specific setting associated with returning the cameras to a "home" position after motion has been detected and then cleared.

I also looked at the configuration screens for a camera which does return to the last viewing position after detecting motion and also don't see a dedicated setting to cause the return function. Only difference is this camera uses IP Camera access interface which is different from the Videolink cams.

It is appearing like this function may be an embedded, programmed, function of the cameras. Guess I may need to run the question by the camera MFGs/vendors to see what direction they can provide.

Reaction score
For the Jennov, go to the position you want to return to and Set 92 then Call 92. That should do it. It works with most brands.

DGMAX99

n3wb
Reaction score
For the Jennov, go to the position you want to return to and Set 92 then Call 92. That should do it. It works with most brands.
I'll give that a try!
Thanks!

I did revisit each camera and look through all the configuration screens via browser and did not find a specific setting for it, hopefully your suggestion will work for both of the cameras I am struggling with!

DGMAX99

n3wb
Reaction score
Just an update!

Appears the "92" preset worked!! Not only on the Jennov either, appears it worked on the Vikylin/PanoEagle also. I have not had to reset the home position on either camera in a week. Both still track motion, but then return to the 92 preset position automatically. Before I had to reposition them every night.

Thanks again to bubbamiester for the suggestion!!