Viewing alerts different after upgrading to 5.9.3.4

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok, I know I'll feel like a dumbass after you tell me the solution but I upgraded to 5.9.3.4 from 5.9.1.0. Previously when I viewed an alert it showed like a bookmark within the clip (continuous recording). I could click on the timeline if I wanted to see what happened before or after an alert. Now, say I have a 15 second alert, that is all I see, no way to look before or after the alert unless I go to the clip and find that time in the clip where the alert was. This is just in the BI on the desktop. Viewing alerts in UI3 looks the same as always. I'm either blind or stupid but I have searched and have not found the solution yet.

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
Thank you, that does help. Apparently I have to click that every time I play an alert but that's better than going to find it in the clip. At least I know what term to search for in help now.

aesterling

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Very nice. I also emailed support to request this option be added to the mobile app. That way, when playing back an alert in the mobile app, the full width of the scrub bar would represent only the duration of the alert rather than my entire hour-long clip. It would be more precise and less touchy to drag the play head to the moment I want to see.