Viewing and Controlling NVR are multiple TV's

camb989

n3wb
Reaction score
Currently have an NVR in a central server room in the house. We have cat 6 run from the server room to various parts of the house including where TV's are located. One of the TV's has HDMI and RJ45 extenders that allow me to view the cameras on the NVR and control it with a wireless mouse. There is only one USB port on the NVR which is used for the RJ45 extender that allows me to use a wireless mouse.
My question is how can I also get a wireless mouse to work on a second TV so I can control which camera I want to view, control playback, etc.
Thanks!

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
it needs to be a wireless mouse? You may control the basic camera selection using an IR extension, using the NVR remote at the other end.

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
not sure if you may get playback from the remote control, but normally channel selection. check your system

camb989

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you! I was just used to a wireless mouse that the security company installed before I got a 2nd tv that I had wanted to hook up

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
distance wise, it means you may control the 2nd tv using the same wireless mouse?

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
if you have an extra cat5 within the 2nd tv, you may add an USB extender via network. For the NVR, an usb hub port expander will add the extra input

camb989

n3wb
Reaction score
No I planned to use a different mouse for the 2nd tv. They are on different levels of the house.

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No I planned to use a different mouse for the 2nd tv. They are on different levels of the house.
understand, but the wireless signal is strong enough to travel directly to the 2nd room?

camb989

n3wb
Reaction score
Distance is pretty far away, different level, and thick lathe and plaster walls. That said, doesn't hurt to try before I make my system even more complicated. Thank you

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You mentioned you have cat6 cables running up to that 2nd room. You may use an hdmi over cat6 extender with usb kvm connection

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
in that case, you need a 1-in/2-out hdmi splitter at the nvr and probably an usb hub port (you mentioned nvr only includes one)