Viewing BlueIris cameras at secondary location within LAN

HHSquared

n3wb
Reaction score
Looking for recommendations on being able to view cameras somewhere else in the house? (either a monitor, iPad, or table of sorts)

Thinking maybe a Raspberry Pi with a monitor... but open to ideas. I do have a POE connection going to that location if it could be helpful...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Looking for recommendations on being able to view cameras somewhere else in the house? (either a monitor, iPad, or table of sorts)

Thinking maybe a Raspberry Pi with a monitor... but open to ideas. I do have a POE connection going to that location if it could be helpful...
A tablet would allow you to maximize a camera easily by tapping it...I personally prefer windows tablets with firefox in kiosk mode...boots right into UI3...however you limit screen size to 15 inches or so for reasonably priced used tablets...On other areas I just run hdmi over ethernet to a monitor so if you already have a cable running there it might be ideal...
one minor downside to a monitor over ethernet is that it will be replicating your pc screen, so if you are reviewing video others will see and they wont be able to see the live view......