Viewing Dahua snapshots

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Update.

When in doubt, Reboot!

So just before going to bed last night I rebooted both the NVR and ptz in question that has been recording and showing IVS in the playback timeline just fine until I deleted a tripwire rule and created a new intrusion rule.

Reboot worked as I now see IVS markers in the playback timeline ad before and as expected from overnight.

Obviously rebooting synched the config between cam and NVR.

I can say that with the old 3.0 NVR system this was not required, and the more I use the 4.0 NVR interface the less I like about it.

IVSPlaybackafterReboot.jpg

Last edited:

davesims

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Update.

When in doubt, Reboot!

So just before going to bed last night I rebooted both the NVR and ptz in question that has been recording and showing IVS in the playback timeline just fine until I deleted a tripwire rule and created a new intrusion rule.

Reboot worked as I now see IVS markers in the playback timeline ad before and as expected from overnight.

Obviously rebooting synched the config between cam and NVR.

I can say that with the old 3.0 NVR system this was not required, and the more I use the 4.0 NVR interface the less I like about it.

View attachment 70604
What color are you IVS markers? mine are suppose to be Blue

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
On NVR 4.0 IVS is Blue and MD is Yellow
timeline.jpg

In SmartPSs IVS are Red and MD is yellow

icecoffee

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Regarding viewing snapshots: on your mobile app, you have the option for: live feed, playback clip, or "pictures". Plus on the homescreen, instead of choosing Video (for playback), you take "Pictures". And then you'll see the blue blops on the timeline, those are your snapshots. much faster to skim through events like that.
How do you do that in DMSS? I can see those setting in gDMSS but not the new DMSS app.