Viewing question. Im kinda new to this IT game

Reaction score
So i have a wireless zosi recorder.. i tried to use my tv to view the recorder… apparently the tv is only a lcd 720i… i know its older but it still works so i haven’t replaced it yet. Apparently the recorder requires 1080p. So i got a small monitor i can watch the feed/ view footage on. But its tiny lol. Can i use the monitor as like a bridge to get it to the tv by chance? And if so how can i do so? I dont think the tv has a vga port, but it has a bunch of other connection options.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What is the model of the Zosi ?
Does the Zosi have a HDMI video output?
Does the TV have a HDMI video input?

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If your TV has VGA, try using the VGA connection. I assume you tried changing the resolution while on the monitor, then plug it into the TV....

1722274794915.png

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Can you set the NVR's video output resolution to 1280 x 720 and then connect to TV's HDMI?

Reaction score
If your TV has VGA, try using the VGA connection. I assume you tried changing the resolution while on the monitor, then plug it into the TV....

View attachment 199835
No the tv doesn’t have the vga port. And no i had no idea i could change the resolution ‍♂ lol. I’ll look. I just remember when i first got this dvr; i was emailing zosi support; which is a nightmare i might add… they take forever to respond and usually rarely know what your trying to ask. But zosi support said the dvr only works on 1080p tv/monitors.
To be honest i really regret getting this system. It never has any footage of times i really want to see (when set to record 24/7) or the person detection is very inconsistent as in you have you be like 20ft away and at that point its already too late; someones already ran past it and is underneath it before it even captures anything.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The most cost effective option is probably a new or used TV.

Samsclub has a 43" 1080p TV for $129, a 50" 4K for $239, a 55" 4k for $249, and a 65" 4K for $379.