Viewing two Dahua cameras

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, the cameras are two different models with different firmware.

Device Type: DH-SD1A203T-GN
System Version: 2.622.0000000.7.R.R4.383, Build Date: 2018-04-04
WEB Version: 3.2.1.563437

Device Type: IPC-HDW5231R-ZE
System Version: 2.622.0000000.31.R, Build Date: 2018-08-13
WEB Version: V3.2.1.616707

Thanks
With older firmware than yours, I have the same two cams, and if using Chrome with IEtab extension installed, I can view both cams at the same time each in it's own instance of Chrome
upload_2018-11-21_12-13-37.png

adamg

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This is a bug in Dahua's code. Usually they do it properly such that each model-version installs its own unique plugin, and they can be installed and ran simultaneously with other model-versions. But sometimes they screw up and the model-versions conflict with each other, leading to it being impossible to use one computer's IExplore to view both cameras simultaneously. I've reported this, no one at Dahua cares to listen.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
This is a bug in Dahua's code. Usually they do it properly such that each model-version installs its own unique plugin, and they can be installed and ran simultaneously with other model-versions. But sometimes they screw up and the model-versions conflict with each other, leading to it being impossible to use one computer's IExplore to view both cameras simultaneously. I've reported this, no one at Dahua cares to listen.
This might be true for some models. For the ones I have, the plugins install to the same directory with the same file names, so installing one plugin "nukes" whatever plugin is already installed.

Low Timer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks, I appreciate the information.

Low Timer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This might be true for some models. For the ones I have, the plugins install to the same directory with the same file names, so installing one plugin "nukes" whatever plugin is already installed.
I have two separate directories for the different versions of the webplugin. I will be trying Chrome later tonight.

Thanks

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I have two separate directories for the different versions of the webplugin. I will be trying Chrome later tonight.

Thanks
I'd like to know how you make this work. All of my camera plugins install to "Program Files\webrec", and I haven't noticed any way to control that.

usaf_pride

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I just dealt with this issue. Here are some instructions, but I had to do things slightly different.
1. I did not have the Uninstall in the add/remove programs. Go to both your \program files & \program files (x86). Drill into each of the subfolders of \webrec and there should be an uninstall in there.
2. Once I uninstalled all the programs in the sub-folder, then I deleted each of the webrec folders.
3. Flush your cache in your "eligible" browser and it will re-download the files.

I have 3 different cameras styles and 4 different firmwares. I only needed 2 downloads and they both play nice with each other.

Code:
2.622.0000000.23.R
2.460.0000000.16.R
2.622.0000000.31.R
2.460.0000002.0.R

Low Timer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just dealt with this issue. Here are some instructions, but I had to do things slightly different.
1. I did not have the Uninstall in the add/remove programs. Go to both your \program files & \program files (x86). Drill into each of the subfolders of \webrec and there should be an uninstall in there.
2. Once I uninstalled all the programs in the sub-folder, then I deleted each of the webrec folders.
3. Flush your cache in your "eligible" browser and it will re-download the files.

I have 3 different cameras styles and 4 different firmwares. I only needed 2 downloads and they both play nice with each other.

Code:
2.622.0000000.23.R
2.460.0000000.16.R
2.622.0000000.31.R
2.460.0000002.0.R
I deleted and cleared the programs/cache. Each camera prompts to download the webplugin, but I still can't view both cameras in individual windows.

Appreciate the effort.

Happy Thanksgiving

Low Timer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
With older firmware than yours, I have the same two cams, and if using Chrome with IEtab extension installed, I can view both cams at the same time each in it's own instance of Chrome
View attachment 35323
I had no luck with Chrome, couldn't ever load a live feed after downloading the extensions.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Happy Thanksgiving

usaf_pride

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I had no luck with Chrome, couldn't ever load a live feed after downloading the extensions.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Happy Thanksgiving
Unless you are using an old version of Chrome, it won't work. I am IE11 and I had 4 tabs all with live view going. Another thing to try is opening a Private Browsing tab.

Last edited:

Low Timer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Unless you are using an old version of Chrome, it won't work. I am IE11 and I had 4 tabs all with live view going. Another thing to try is opening a Private Browsing tab.
My version of Chrome isn't old. No luck on Private Browsing, thanks for the suggestion.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It works fine here on the latest version of Chrome, as I posted earlier.
I use Chrome with IE tab extension regularly with these cams, without any issue.

Low Timer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It works fine here on the latest version of Chrome, as I posted earlier.
I use Chrome with IE tab extension regularly with these cams, without any issue.
Good evening Looney. I re-installed IE tab extension in Chrome and have the same behavior as IE. Depending on which camera is opened first, it has to be closed then open the second camera where I'm prompted to install the plugin. If I open one of the cameras, close it and reopen without opening the second camera, I'm not prompted to install the plugin. For what ever reason, these cameras want their version of the plugin and the both plugins cannot be installed at the same time. I still poking around to see if I can get it working.

Appreciate all the feedback.

Thanks

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Good evening Looney. I re-installed IE tab extension in Chrome and have the same behavior as IE. Depending on which camera is opened first, it has to be closed then open the second camera where I'm prompted to install the plugin. If I open one of the cameras, close it and reopen without opening the second camera, I'm not prompted to install the plugin. For what ever reason, these cameras want their version of the plugin and the both plugins cannot be installed at the same time. I still poking around to see if I can get it working.

Thanks
Try Pale Moon 32bit browser.

Low Timer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Try Pale Moon 32bit browser.
Pale Moon works, can view both cameras in different tabs. Downloaded Pale Moon, installed, typed in IP address and it works. Maybe one day I will discover what is different on my machines that don't allow IE or Chrome to view more than one feed like yours and others.

Thanks for all the suggestions and help.

adamg

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Thanks
That's what I said many posts ago.

adamg

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Pale Moon works, can view both cameras in different tabs. Downloaded Pale Moon, installed, typed in IP address and it works. Maybe one day I will discover what is different on my machines that don't allow IE or Chrome to view more than one feed like yours and others.

Thanks for all the suggestions and help.
I remain quite confident that the difference between yourself and looney is the camera-version combinations you are working with. If you both have the same model cameras on the same firmwares then I'll be proven wrong.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
I remain quite confident that the difference between yourself and looney is the camera-version combinations you are working with. If you both have the same model cameras on the same firmwares then I'll be proven wrong.
There's room here for everybody to be both right and wrong. In many, but not all cases, Dahua installs different version plugins in the same directory. Only one of these versions can exist at any given time. In at least one case (maybe more, I only have a few camera models), the plugin installs in a different directory, allowing more than one plugin to be active at the same time. Here are details for the 5 different plugin versions I have used:

Plugin version 3.3.16431.496608 installs into "Program Files\webrec\torch\3.0.0.3"
Plugin version 3.3.11053.389223 installs into "Program Files\webrec\torch\3.0.0.3"
Plugin version 3.3.16431.545174 installs into "Program Files\webrec\torch\3.0.0.3"
Plugin version 3.3.2861.354949 installs into "Program Files\webrec\torch\3.0.0.3"

Only one of these plugins can be installed at any given time.

Plugin version 3.3.16431.579279 installs into "Program Files\webrec\torch\3.3.14631.0"
This plugin can be installed simultaneously with any one of the 3.0.0.3 plugins. I believe it came with the firmware from this thread: 20180523 Firmware for DH_IPC-HX5X3X-Rhea