Vimtag Mini G3-8310

Reaction score
I picked up a nice little camera today - a Vimtag Mini G3-8310 - for around 25 dollars off Amazon. Nice until I got it and started trying to get Blue Iris to talk to it. It doesn't appear to have even generic ONVIF capabilities so a little disappointing there. On the other hand, works ok with the vendor app and does human detection on the device along with 2-way audio so I may keep it just as a door bell camera.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you really want to stream the video and audio from a small cloud-based cam to Blue Iris, return it to amazon and get this one, also from amazon ==>> TP-Link Tapo 2K Indoor Security Camera for Baby Monitor, Dog Camera w/ Motion Detection, 2-Way Audio Siren, Night Vision, Cloud &SD Card Storage (Up to 256 GB), Works with Alexa & Google Home (C110)

and set it up like I did here ==>> Blue Iris Camera Compatibility

I had it streaming RTSP to Blue Iris 5 and also VLC. Not bad looking for a $25 wireless only, cloud-based little cam with 2-way audio and selectable 720p/1080p/2K resolution.

NOTE: Cloud-based like your Vimtag Mini G3-8310, the Tapo C110 streams to TP-LINK's cloud and back down to be streamed to your phone, Blue Iris or VLC so your phone's cellular data and/or your location's Wi-Fi data rates can apply. I mention this cloud also because there can be concerns about security and/or reliability with a P2P/cloud operation. If you enter a UID number, serial number or scan a QR code with an app and created an account, then the device streams up to their cloud and then back down to be displayed. Lose your Internet connection, lose the camera video and audio.

EDITED 6/14/23 @ 0740 CT: Let me correct my previous statement that the Tapo C-110 has to stream to the cloud. That is not correct, I missed a step. Once you set the cam up with the Tapo app, go to that camera's "Settings" (the gear icon at upper right) => "Advanced Settings" => "Device Account". Create a username for the cam and a password and save it, then enter those EXACT credentials into Blue Iris for that cam.

I now have a $25 indoor, 1080p/2K wireless cam, with a mic (speaker AND mic works in the Tapo app for 2-way talk) , SD card storage and IR that streams RTSPwith audio to Blue Iris, no cloud or P2P involved. The 5VDC USB wall power supply is UL-listed as well. I can see this little guy in my garage's utility closet, staring at the status LEDs on my fiber modem or watching the status LEDs on my water heater...both non-critical roles but very convenient, IMO....for $25!

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.