VLC H264 Camera Streams under Blue Iris 5

WideAngle

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello! I'm getting a bit tired of my ZoneMinder system, and have recently installed Blue Iris 5 on another PC to trial it as a replacement.

Most of my cameras added to Blue Iris relatively seamlessly, however I'm stuck on a few of my Raspberry Pi-based cams. In particular, I have a few Pis using Logitech C920 USB cameras, using cvlc to do a pass-through (no retranscode) network stream of the USB camera's internal H264 stream. They have been great cameras in this config - stable, high quality, and with good audio.
(I made a few changes, but they are roughly along the lines of this tutorial: Raspberry Pi : use VLC to stream webcam : Logitech C920 [H264 Video without transcoding + Audio + LED control] - SpyCam / BabyCam)

When adding these to Blue Iris, I can't find any combination of Make/Model that will result in a video showing - only the grey "No signal" page.

Under VLC (on the viewing side, such as at another PC), the stream is simply The VLC Media Information page lists the video codec as: "H264 - MPEG-4 AVC (part 10) (h264)", at 1920x1080, 30fps.

Under ZoneMinder, I have these configured using the "Ffmpeg" source type, with a source path of "", and "TCP" for the Method. No other options or special configurations.

Does anyone have any thoughts or guidance on what I settings I might try for these under Blue Iris?
(Thanks in advance)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
When adding these to Blue Iris, I can't find any combination of Make/Model that will result in a video showing - only the grey "No signal" page.
You've tried:
  • "VLC-compatible RTSP" under "Generic/ONVIF" ?
  • "Raw H.264" under "Generic/ONVIF" ?
  • "MJPEG Stream"" under "Generic/ONVIF" ?

WideAngle

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks @TonyR for the reply.

Yes, I have tried all three without success. The stream isn't an RTSP stream, nor is it an MJPEG stream, so I wouldn't have expected those options to work, but I did try them.

"RAW H.264" seems like it should be the correct choice... but I receive a "No Signal" screen with a sub-message of:
"Error: 80002745 (Socket error: 10053) 0"
I've tried disabling hardware decoding, and I've tried increasing the receive buffer (as high as 50MB), as well as checking the "decoder compatibility mode" checkbox, all without any luck. :(

The stream works just fine from VLC on the same computer.

Reaction score
Thanks @TonyR for the reply.

Yes, I have tried all three without success. The stream isn't an RTSP stream, nor is it an MJPEG stream, so I wouldn't have expected those options to work, but I did try them.

"RAW H.264" seems like it should be the correct choice... but I receive a "No Signal" screen with a sub-message of:
"Error: 80002745 (Socket error: 10053) 0"
I've tried disabling hardware decoding, and I've tried increasing the receive buffer (as high as 50MB), as well as checking the "decoder compatibility mode" checkbox, all without any luck. :(

The stream works just fine from VLC on the same computer.
any progress with this?