VLC unable to see 3rd camera feed

Reaction score
Hello; I'm not at all sure this is the right forum but didn't see my particular camera or software forum listed here. If this is in the wrong place, could a mod please move it to the proper one?

I'm new to using rtsp feeds and am having some difficulty with one of my three feeds. Seems simple enough and two of the cameras (cam 1=UW and a cam2=5MP) are seen but the third (cam3=2MP - same brand as the 5MP cam) won't open up. I have been using VMS software and know all 3 feeds are active and details re IP address and port. So, that doesn't seem to be my problem. Since Cam2 is working, I thought if Cam2 works, Cam3 would as well, even if a different model.

All are PoE cameras hooked up to a PoE injector. I'm using VMS, a vms software that came with my UW Barlus camera (cam1). Cam 2 and 3 are KingKong Smart security PoE cams. The version of VLC I'm using is v3.0.11 and I tried and earlier v2.2.8 with no better results. I'm on a Mac, using OSX 11

I notice on the error message (when I was getting one) it shows port 554 which is wrong via my VMS software and what is being used for the other two cameras on the system. When I've tried to 'open rtp stream' and input the correct port (which is supposed to be 34567), I can see it tries and fails to connect.

Anyway, I input the rtsp IP and get an error message. Going to 'Messages'/log, I can see the process is hanging at

macosx debug: Enabling media key support

where it just stays for too long to wait (I stopped at 10 minutes). Since I don't get the error message window, I'm assuming VLC is doing something but since this is NOT how it's working with the 5MP cam, I figure something is going wrong. Any help with this?

I've posted in the VLC forums but have received zero response, so hoping some of the gurus here can help me understand what's going on.

I've copied the log of the one NOT working below, in case it's needed.

main debug: VLC media player - 3.0.11 Vetinari

[snip]

macosx debug: Found 1 video capture devices

macosx debug: Found 3 audio capture devices

macosx debug: no optical media found

macosx debug: no optical media found

main debug: processing request item: rtsp:/192.168.0.13, node: Playlist, skip: 0

main debug: rebuilding array of current - root Playlist

main debug: rebuild done - 1 items, index 0

main debug: starting playback of new item

main debug: resyncing on rtsp:/192.168.0.13

main debug: rtsp:/192.168.0.13 is at 0

main debug: creating new input thread

main debug: Creating an input for 'rtsp:/192.168.0.13'

main debug: requesting art for new input thread

main debug: using timeshift granularity of 50 MiB

main debug: using default timeshift path

main debug: `rtsp:/192.168.0.13' gives access `rtsp' demux `any' path `192.168.0.13'

main debug: creating demux: access='rtsp' demux='any' location='192.168.0.13' file='(null)'

main debug: looking for access_demux module matching "rtsp": 14 candidates

main debug: looking for meta fetcher module matching "any": 1 candidates

lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in /Users/michaeldean/Library/Application Support/org.videolan.vlc/lua/meta/fetcher

lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in /Applications/VLC-3.0.11.app/Contents/MacOS/lua/meta/fetcher

lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in /Applications/VLC-3.0.11.app/Contents/MacOS/share/lua/meta/fetcher

main debug: no meta fetcher modules matched

main debug: looking for art finder module matching "any": 2 candidates

live555 debug: version 2016.11.28

lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in /Users/michaeldean/Library/Application Support/org.videolan.vlc/lua/meta/art

lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in /Applications/VLC-3.0.11.app/Contents/MacOS/lua/meta/art

lua debug: Trying Lua scripts in /Applications/VLC-3.0.11.app/Contents/MacOS/share/lua/meta/art

lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script /Applications/VLC-3.0.11.app/Contents/MacOS/share/lua/meta/art/00_musicbrainz.luac

lua debug: skipping script (unmatched scope) /Applications/VLC-3.0.11.app/Contents/MacOS/share/lua/meta/art/00_musicbrainz.luac

lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script /Applications/VLC-3.0.11.app/Contents/MacOS/share/lua/meta/art/01_googleimage.luac

lua debug: skipping script (unmatched scope) /Applications/VLC-3.0.11.app/Contents/MacOS/share/lua/meta/art/01_googleimage.luac

lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script /Applications/VLC-3.0.11.app/Contents/MacOS/share/lua/meta/art/02_frenchtv.luac

lua debug: skipping script (unmatched scope) /Applications/VLC-3.0.11.app/Contents/MacOS/share/lua/meta/art/02_frenchtv.luac

lua debug: Trying Lua playlist script /Applications/VLC-3.0.11.app/Contents/MacOS/share/lua/meta/art/03_lastfm.luac

lua debug: skipping script (unmatched scope) /Applications/VLC-3.0.11.app/Contents/MacOS/share/lua/meta/art/03_lastfm.luac

main debug: no art finder modules matched

live555 debug: connection timeout

live555 error: Failed to connect with rtsp:/192.168.0.13:554

main debug: no access_demux modules matched

main debug: creating access: rtsp:/192.168.0.13

main debug: looking for access module matching "rtsp": 23 candidates

satip debug: try to open 'rtsp:/192.168.0.13'

satip debug: connect to host '192.168.0.13'

main debug: net: connecting to 192.168.0.13 port 554

main debug: connection succeeded (socket = 14)

main debug: net: opening 0.0.0.0 datagram port 9350

main debug: net: opening 0.0.0.0 datagram port 9351

macosx debug: Enabling media key support