voices sound garbled recently

Spooling

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey guys;

Not sure what has happened, but sometime over the last few weeks the audio from my Dahua camera playing through the latest BlueIris software sounds scrambled somewhat. Voices sound like the people are possessed and are highly unintelligible. Not sure if it could have been a recent BlueIris update which caused it, or maybe something with the camera. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey guys;

Not sure what has happened, but sometime over the last few weeks the audio from my Dahua camera playing through the latest BlueIris software sounds scrambled somewhat. Voices sound like the people are possessed and are highly unintelligible. Not sure if it could have been a recent BlueIris update which caused it, or maybe something with the camera. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Thanks
try disabling noise reduction in the camera audio

Spooling

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I presume you mean inside the Dahua camera gui? There's an Audio->Attribute->Noise Filter option which was set to Enable, I just switched it to Disable. I'll see what happens.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I presume you mean inside the Dahua camera gui? There's an Audio->Attribute->Noise Filter option which was set to Enable, I just switched it to Disable. I'll see what happens.
yes

Spooling

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I think that may have been it. Maybe there was just more noise recently and that's why the voices were garbled with the noise filter. It definitely seems better now that it's turned off. Thanks