VPN access to RTSP cameras?

Reaction score
i have an openvpn server that i've used for years to connect to my house and view my cameras (all old d-link cams). i'm looking to upgrade and picked up a wyze cam...after not being able to block internet access with the default firmware, i installed dafang hacks and it looks great so far. everything works perfectly inside the network.

the problem is that when i connect to my vpn from outside the house, the camera doesn't work in tinycam. i can get to the web interface, but as soon as i try to access in tinycam i get 0 fps. sometimes it will at least bring up a still image from the camera, but most of the time it doesn't even do that.

i completely disabled the firewall rule blocking camera out over the WAN to make sure that wasn't screwing anything up, and it still isn't working. any ideas what i'm doing wrong here? my old d-link cameras still work fine just as i want this one to, i can view them all in tinycam...just not the new wyze cam i just got set up.

Reaction score
can anyone assist? this is beyond frustrating...

seemed like it might have been a tcp/udp issue, but now i have no idea. if i change tinycam to use rtsp over udp, i get a picture but the video is garbled every few seconds. as soon as i change back to rtsp over tcp, the picture drops completely and i'm left with only sound...