VPN camera firmware / Self hosted cloud

billinatl

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been looking for a way to do this for quite some time now and don't know if something self-hosted/off the shelf exists. The Reader's Digest version is, I'm looking for a way to ship a preprogrammed camera to a site, have them plug it into an internet connection, and it will show up on our Blue Iris server running from a central location (think Verkada, only we would own and self host the 'cloud') I have Blue Iris installs at many locations, but as soon as we get a new location, we need a camera or two inside to watch over things right away before we can get out to do a full install. I have installed individual cameras at a couple recent locations, opening a port to allow Blue Iris to get the stream (that's not always possible either, depending on ISP), and this has been working great. Actually, much better than I had expected. The next logical step is to have something like this without the extra work needed on the remote end (ports). Are there any P2P type cameras that will work with Blue Iris? Or cameras with a VPN client built in that can be set up on Blue Iris and to work from any internet connection before being shipped out?