VPN/Iphone 10 Question

alex8828

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all,

I had a question regarding the VPN I use on my iPhone for remote viewing of my Dahua NVR connected cameras. I created a VPN client profile by using my firewall security device and installed on my iPhone. It works fine the only problem is every time I go to view my cameras I have to keep logging in to the VPN. Is there away to keep my VPN logged in for a longer period of time or perhaps always on unless I log off? Any insight will be much appreciated.

Regards,
AC

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi all,

I had a question regarding the VPN I use on my iPhone for remote viewing of my Dahua NVR connected cameras. I created a VPN client profile by using my firewall security device and installed on my iPhone. It works fine the only problem is every time I go to view my cameras I have to keep logging in to the VPN. Is there away to keep my VPN logged in for a longer period of time or perhaps always on unless I log off? Any insight will be much appreciated.

Regards,
AC
Which application do you use on your iPhone? I've got the "native" OpenVPN client, which is in always-on mode, even at home (which may or may not make any sense at first glance), but as my camera's do reside in another vlan, the only way into that vlan is through my VPN tunnel, hence I am "forced" for VPN usage 24/7. And it does work like that like a charm.

Happy Camming!
CC

alex8828

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm just using the IOS built in VPN no 3rd party application. I just go into my Watch Guard Firebox and created IKEv2 name it what ever. Then downland that configuration to my iPhone then go into settings and turn it on.

AC

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm just using the IOS built in VPN no 3rd party application. I just go into my Watch Guard Firebox and created IKEv2 name it what ever. Then downland that configuration to my iPhone then go into settings and turn it on.

AC
The built in vpn client on the iphone sucks. It wont stay properly connected for long.

Riclyo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’m currently playing around with WireGuard. It is running on a raspberry pi on my network and I can turn the app on and leave it on or turn it of with a quick swipe on the app.

Serodgers

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score