Vraag over instellingen en trage Hikvision recorer

Boup

n3wb
Reaction score
Hallo,

Ik heb een NVR recorder van Hikvision DS-7604NI-K1/4P en opvallend hangend momenteel 3 camera's van Hikvision
2 camera's Hikvision DS-2CD2347G2HU 4MP
1 Camera (op afstand draaibaar) Hikvision DS-2DE3A400BW-DE 4MP

1°Wat ik erg opvalt is dat de recorder erg traag is als je instellingen willen uitvoeren of wijzigen.(slechte recorder??)

2° Bij de draaibare camera kan ik de verlichting niet aanpassen via de NVR-software (als het donker de leds volledig licht geeft),bij de 2 vaste cams kan ik de belichting wel aanpassen

Is het mogelijk om dat te doen via de installatie van de cam zelf te doen?
Hoe kom ik bij de instellingen van de cam zelf? (cam loskoppelen van de recorder en aan de laptop hangen??)

De laatste vraag is er een uitgebreide handleiding van de recorder maar in het nederlands beschikbaar in pdf?

Alvast hartelijk bedankt

Mvg

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Translation to English, to help the responses -

Hello

I have an NVR recorder from Hikvision DS-7604NI-K1/4P and conspicuously hanging currently 3 cameras from Hikvision
2 cameras Hikvision DS-2CD2347G2HU 4MP
1 Camera (remotely rotatable) Hikvision DS-2DE3A400BW-DE 4MP

1°What I really notice is that the recorder is very slow when you want to perform or change settings. (bad recorder??)

2° With the rotating camera I can't adjust the lighting via the NVR software (when it's dark gives the LEDs full light), with the 2 fixed cams I can adjust the lighting

Is it possible to do that via the installation of the cam itself?
How do I get to the settings of the cam itself? (disconnect cam from the recorder and hang it on the laptop??)

The last question is there a comprehensive manual of the recorder but available in english in pdf?

Thank you very much in advance

Mvg

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
1°What I really notice is that the recorder is very slow when you want to perform or change settings. (bad recorder??)
Not really a bad recorder, but it is a low-end model with quite limited performance.
Depending on the bitrate, frame rate, video codec that you have configured the cameras to use, you are probably making it work quite hard.
What does the bitrate add up to for all 3 cameras?
What codec have you enabled? h.265 requires more processing.
The NVR is rated at 40Mbps incoming bandwidth, so it would be easy to get close to that, even with 3 4MP cameras.

2° With the rotating camera I can't adjust the lighting via the NVR software (when it's dark gives the LEDs full light), with the 2 fixed cams I can adjust the lighting
It is convenient when cameras are connected to NVR PoE ports to be able to configure the cameras via the NVR interface, but not all camera settings can be 'passed through' from the NVR to the cameras.

To be able to make detailed configuration changes on the connected cameras, it is often necessary to access the cameras directly.
There are a couple of requirements for this -

For best results, use IE11 that has the 'webcomponents plugin' installed.
IE11 does still exist in Windows 10 and 11, it's just a bit hidden.
There are many helpful posts on this forum about to still be able to use IE11

The NVR web interface provides a way to directly access the camera web interface using a facility called 'Virtual Host'.
When enabled, this provides a set of links in the right-hand column of the NVR web interface 'Camera Management' page which when clicked open a direct path to the camera web interface.
The Virtual Host tickbox to enable it can be found in the NVR web i8nterface under 'Network | Advanced settings | Other tab, as shown below :

1724681522410.png

Then check under Camera Management for the column of links at the right side called 'Join' or 'Connect'

By the way - try to use 'Bing Translate' to change the language to be easier for both you and forum members to use. It works well and can be useful!