VTH 5221DW Dahua

69Mirek

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

VTH 5221 bricking after change firmware. How unbricking ?
Only flash rot led on main plate.

Where are pin TTL?

Mirek

KrzysztofK

n3wb
Reaction score
Same issue here. I've uploaded wrong firmware and... VTH5221 bricked.
Any idea how to recover?
Any clue on the "command.txt" content?

KK

KrzysztofK

n3wb
Reaction score
Finally I managed to recover my VTH :). A loooot of help found on:
Dahua IPC EASY unbricking / recovery over TFTP
and
Dahua IPC unbricking / recovery over serial UART and TFTP
Thanks cor35vet.

Resolution:
  1. Find and connect UART (serial port). I have CP2102 USB to UART, but I think that any TTL will work (do not use regular RS 232 as it is 12V 1571522600707.png
  2. Connect device to the network via regular LAN cable
  3. Use Putty to connect to the device, press * one booting the device until prompt appears.
  4. Type: setenv serverip 192.168.1.100 (or any other address of your PC where you are going to run tftp server.
  5. Read above threds to understand tftp, however in my case best solution was to get tftp file downloaded from the link in the above threds, copy OpenTFTPServerMT.exe to newly created directory and run it with option -v (OpenTFTPServerMT.exe -v)
  6. The directory should contain upgrade.img file which you need to find for your device. For mind VTH5221 it is located on: VDP - oldest version available is best (I think) - Software Name:[Main Firmware]General_VTH52X1D_Eng_P_V1.000.0000.0.R.20170410. You need to unpack the file to find update.img
  7. Now it is time to run the update by typing "run up" in the terminal.
If you see hashes (#) appearing on the screen it means that VTH found your computer and contacted tftp server. if not - hmm... check your network parameters. to do so - best run on the terminal the command: "printenv". it will show network parameters. to change parameters use "setenv" command.

ragstar

n3wb
Reaction score
Finally I managed to recover my VTH :). A loooot of help found on:
Dahua IPC EASY unbricking / recovery over TFTP
and
Dahua IPC unbricking / recovery over serial UART and TFTP
Thanks cor35vet.

Resolution:
  1. Find and connect UART (serial port). I have CP2102 USB to UART, but I think that any TTL will work (do not use regular RS 232 as it is 12V View attachment 49138
  2. Connect device to the network via regular LAN cable
  3. Use Putty to connect to the device, press * one booting the device until prompt appears.
  4. Type: setenv serverip 192.168.1.100 (or any other address of your PC where you are going to run tftp server.
  5. Read above threds to understand tftp, however in my case best solution was to get tftp file downloaded from the link in the above threds, copy OpenTFTPServerMT.exe to newly created directory and run it with option -v (OpenTFTPServerMT.exe -v)
  6. The directory should contain upgrade.img file which you need to find for your device. For mind VTH5221 it is located on: VDP - oldest version available is best (I think) - Software Name:[Main Firmware]General_VTH52X1D_Eng_P_V1.000.0000.0.R.20170410. You need to unpack the file to find update.img
  7. Now it is time to run the update by typing "run up" in the terminal.
If you see hashes (#) appearing on the screen it means that VTH found your computer and contacted tftp server. if not - hmm... check your network parameters. to do so - best run on the terminal the command: "printenv". it will show network parameters. to change parameters use "setenv" command.
Hi all, nice work! I've also got my VTH5221 bricked after an update. @KrzysztofK can you be more specific on where teh tx and rx pins are on the board? Thanks in advance!