VTH5341G-W android

reins5

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I have installed the VTH5341G-W android video intercom monitor and I have installed DMSS HD.
I noticed a delay in viewing the cameras.
Have you found it too?
Do you have solutions?
Thank you

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There will be a delay in any IP camera system. It is based on the capabilities of your system and internet speeds.

If it allows you to use substreams in multicamera view that can speed it up.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
And probably running thru the router?

But even not, IP cameras have an inherent lag. On quick systems it could be under 1 second, for older systems that make up the LAN it could be several seconds.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Cameras connected to Wifi routers (whether wifi cameras or hard-wired) are problematic for surveillance cameras because they are always streaming and passing data. And the data demands go up with motion and then you lose signal. A lost packet and it has to resend. It can bring the whole network down if trying to send cameras through a wifi router. At the very least it can slow down your entire system.

Unlike Netflix and other streaming services that buffer a movie, these cameras do not buffer up part of the video, so drop outs are frequent, especially once you start adding distance. You would be amazed how much streaming services buffer - don't believe me, start watching something and unplug your router and watch how much longer you can watch NetFlix before it freezes - mine goes 45 seconds. Now do the same with a camera connected to a router and it is fairly instantaneous (within the latency of the stream itself)...

The same issue applies even with the hard-wired cameras trying to send all this non-buffer video stream through a router. Most consumer grade wifi routers are not designed to pass the constant video stream data of cameras, and since they do not buffer, you get these issues. The consumer routers are just not designed for this kind of traffic, even a GB speed router.

So the more cameras you add, the bigger the potential for issues.

You can try things like lower bitrate and FPS and see if you can get a stable/faster system.

reins5

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't use WiFi but it's all wired. I can replace my router with a professional one ... which one.
Or is it advisable to have an exclusive Lan for a video surveillance system?
Thank you

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It would be best to get a managed VLAN switch to keep the cameras from going thru the router.

Something like this:

reins5

n3wb
Reaction score
My three cameras are directly connected NVR5232-16P-4KS2E PoE.
The NVR to the router along with VTO2201F-P and VTH5341

reins5

n3wb
Reaction score
[CITAZIONE="wittaj, post: 715177, membro: 75149"]
Sarebbe meglio ottenere uno switch VLAN gestito per impedire alle telecamere di passare attraverso il router.

Qualcosa come questo:

[/CITAZIONE]

My three cameras are directly connected NVR5232-16P-4KS2E PoE.
The NVR to the router along with VTO2201F-P and VTH5341

Last edited: