Vto 2111d-wp connection and poe problems

Ioannislyt

n3wb
Reaction score
I have bought the vto2111d-wp for poe use with my hikvision nvr. I cannot setup it as onvif, it is the only way to use it via hikvision as i read somewhere. So the question is if the vto supports onvif and which version. I was going use the vto separate towards on my router that works fine but i tried 2 diferent poe switches/injectors of tp link (the last one was the TP-Link TL-PoE10R v5.0, PoE Splitter Adapter ) and it didn't work at all -no power. I cannot plug it other way on my door than poe. So i suppose i have to setup it as onvif or find a way to power it with poe but i dont know why it doesnt working. Any suggestions on that please?

I have made this question How Do I Use A Dahua Camera With A Hikvision NVR? a few days ago before i start trying the poe solution via the tp link. The camera power up normal when it is pluged on the nvr poe and normal using an adapter 12v.

Last edited:

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
First of all, Onvif has nothing to do with power supply!
Most Dahua devices do not run with std. PoE, you have to power them with 12V.
You have two possibilities: Either via the contacts on the backplane (e.g. you can take wires of your CATx cable) or via wires 4/5 (minus) and 7/8 (plus). Therefor you would have to connect the 12V vice versa on your PoE Splitter.

To get the cam's stream to a hikvision devices you rather use rtsp protocol.

Ioannislyt

n3wb
Reaction score
Its 2 different problems. I have to use either nvr that cannot make it work -it does power on though through the poe either use it as a different device on my router lan but have problem power it on.
I tried a rtsp protocol i found somewhere in here but didnt manage it again. Is there something specific you can tell me and tey it out?
As for the poe you say... I disnt understand much to be honest. I should take out 2 wires of my cable out and conect them to the red and black wires on the camera? Or do you mean take off 2 wires and connect them on a 12v adapter and leave the other side connected to the camera untouched? Which wirew should i take out that are not used for data? And what do you mean vice versa? Im not only a newby on that but my english are quite bad. Very very bad combination!

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Regarding power: Cut the end of the LAN cable on one side, take out wires 4/5 (blue/blue_white) and 7/8 (brown/brown_white) and connect it to a standard 12V or 24V dc power supply ( 4+5=minus, 7+8=plus) . Leave wires 1/2/3/6 to the RJ45 port for connecting the cable to the network switch. Connect the other side of the cable to the VTO.
Then when VTO is powered on use VLC and connect to stream "rtsp:/admin:password@192.168.x.x:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0".
This works for me and I'm pretty convinced it wil work for you as well.

Ioannislyt

n3wb
Reaction score
Regarding power: Cut the end of the LAN cable on one side, take out wires 4/5 (blue/blue_white) and 7/8 (brown/brown_white) and connect it to a standard 12V or 24V dc power supply ( 4+5=minus, 7+8=plus) . Leave wires 1/2/3/6 to the RJ45 port for connecting the cable to the network switch. Connect the other side of the cable to the VTO.
Then when VTO is powered on use VLC and connect to stream "rtsp:/admin:password@192.168.x.x:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0".
This works for me and I'm pretty convinced it wil work for you as well.
Im gonna try it out as soon as possible and i will come vack for the feed back. Thanks for the quick reply

Ioannislyt

n3wb
Reaction score
Nah... Both didnt work. I had to cut the other end too and connect the wires on the black and red wires on the vto to make it power on. I cant imagine why this didnt work. And on vlc it opens a dialogue box asking for the password and then error message box... It would be too good to be true . Now it is powered the way i said but i can only use gdmss that doesnt send any notifications.

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Ok, at least it's powered on now.
Next stop: rtsp! If it asks for username/pw, what do you enter? Can you login to webif with this username/pw?
Syntax should be rtsp:/<username>:<password>@<ip>:<port>/cam/realmonitor?channel=<channelNo>&subtype=<typeNo>
Just tried it again with my dahua VTO devices, works like a charm!
Just to be sure: What firmware version does it run?

Ioannislyt

n3wb
Reaction score
rtsp:/admin:password@192.168.1.110:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0
User:admin, i leave the password as it is and i suppose thats the reason vlc asks for the exact password to login, channel is 1 (at least thats the one in gdmss) and im not sure about subtype. The firmware is the latest i found of 2018: General_VTO2111D_Eng_P_16M_V3.120.0012000.0.R.

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Don't understand "i leave the password as it is".
Do you include the password in the rtsp link or not? Can you start wireshark in parallel to VLC to see whats the problem?

Ioannislyt

n3wb
Reaction score
Don't understand "i leave the password as it is".
Do you include the password in the rtsp link or not? Can you start wireshark in parallel to VLC to see whats the problem?
I leave the word "password", i dont enter my real password. Its exactly as i wrote it on my previous post what i enter. Wireshark... I dont know what this is but i can try find out and give you the feedback

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Then, off course, it will not work.
You have to enter YOUR REAL password there. Same password as you use for logging into the webif.

Ioannislyt

n3wb
Reaction score
Then, off course, it will not work.
You have to enter YOUR REAL password there. Same password as you use for logging into the webif.
The problem was that i had an ereor in the syntax of the rtsp. I had a / missing. It is opening now. Video and sound of the camera is playing really good. Thank you very very much!! Problem of power on and connection SOLVED
My next goal is to make it send push notification on my mobile app! Any idea on that maybe?!

Last edited:

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Just played with this some minutes ago (what a coincidence...).
Use iDMSS Plus oder EVOPLUS if you have iPhone, on Android phones gDMSS Plus or also EVOPLUS.

!!! Important is to activate notifications for the devices in "Messages" after adding them in the app !!!

Ioannislyt

n3wb
Reaction score
!!! Important is to activate notifications for the devices in "Messages" after adding them in the app !!!
I just added my vto in messages... I had enabled notifications but i didnt add it till now. I use gdmss. Have i to enable the app run on the background? When i go back it logout.

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Pls. use search function regarding "gDMSS problems" - we are OT for a long time anyway. All this issues have been discussed many times.

Ioannislyt

n3wb
Reaction score
Pls. use search function regarding "gDMSS problems" - we are OT for a long time anyway. All this issues have been discussed many times.
Ok! I will searh for it
Anyway this topic can be closed, it is solved.
I edited the post just to thank you guys for your quick answers that solved my really big problem. Thank you very much

Last edited: