Vto doesn't show in dmss live.

Gimmons

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I'm slowly building up my system. Right now I have a vto2202f at the gate, and a 2 channel "boobie" camera, also Dahua. They both show up in DMSS, but only the two camera channels appear in the live multiview. Anyone know why, or what I could do to add the VTO video to the live view?

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I ran into this a while back and when tech support logged in there was some option on vto about method 1 or 2 they changed to fix.

Gimmons

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Interesting. I saw a tcp/ip setting for mode 1 or mode 2, but I didn't know what it meant. It's set on mode 2...

Damon

n3wb
Reaction score
How are your camera's/vto connected? Thru nvr? Did you check if it is live on your nvr. Maybe password related.

Gimmons

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
At the moment, it is a very simple setup. The cameras run into a switch, which then goes to the router. Dmss is running on my phone, picks up the camera feeds from the router and displays the various cameras. They all appear in dmss, so not a problem with passwords or connection.

Although it shows all of the cameras separately, it will only show the two channels of the dual lens camera in the live multiview. My goal is for all of the cameras to show up on the multiview.

US Dahua support is not helpful. They say the vto is not a US model. I gently protested that the vto isn't the problem, dmss is the problem, and could they please put me in touch which whoever is in charge of dmss, but so far, they're stonewalling me.

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I misunderstood, if they are both working individually from phone, is there no nvr in the mix?

Gimmons

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No, I'm really in the process of setting everything up. I don't have any storage set up yet.

ludshed

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well when you add vto to nvr it’ll show up together. In the meantime you can open all channels in live view by using the top right button when you have another channel open. Then save it as a favorite, then go to settings and change default page to live view.

Gimmons

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
At the risk of changing the topic, is BI's phone app ok? I read some disappointing reviews, but I'm not thrilled with dmss so far, although it isn't bad.

Reaction score
At the risk of changing the topic, is BI's phone app ok? I read some disappointing reviews, but I'm not thrilled with dmss so far, although it isn't bad.
For me...BI phone app works. Could it use some polish? Sure. UI3>BI Phone App. Too bad UI3 wasn't the phone app itself :)

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Use the native UI3 that is free and part of BI.

Simply open a web browser and type in the IP address of your BI computer followed by :80 or :81 or whatever your port number is.

BTW there is nothing wrong with the BI app - the complaints are user errors such as not understanding what IP address to type into the app.

I have both the paid app and UI3 and use UI3 99.9% of the time.

But for most, the only reason to buy the app would be for cameras with two-way talk and push notifications.

I have two way talk cameras and used the BI push for awhile but found the Pushover app ($5) to be better as the BI app would need either forwarded ports or VPN on while away to get the image with the push. Pushover app sends images regardless of whether connected to VPN or not.