VTO20000A firmware downgrade not possible ? Port 3800 not in use anymore ?

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi there,

I am from Belgium and I had so far a working VTO2000A with 2 VTH1550CH, but due to some issues with mobile ap, I decided to upgrade from version 2017-03-05 V3.100.0.0 towards "General_VTOXXX_Eng_P_16M_V3.120.0000.0.R.20180613" pour le VTO ... unfortunately I noticed afterwards that that version was English only, which is an issue for my visitors in a french country ;-(

So far I used the Config tool 3.20 and used port 3800 to login the VTO then upgrade the firmware, but for some reason I can not login the VTO anymore using the config tool 3.2 with the version 3.120 of the firmware with that port ...

I also tried config tool 4.2 but there there is no choice of the port to be used, and when I try to downgrade to firmware 3.1, it just says it fails with an exclamation mark ...

Any idea why I can not login using port 3800 anymore ?
Is there a version 3.120 "multi" (including french) existing ?

I saw in a post there was a possibility to enable the "Telnet" but what to do next ?

Hope you can help and thanks in advance !

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you try the latest "VDPconfig" (in Dahua Toolbox)? I am currently on 3.210, and that one is able to find my VTO's and VTHs.

Bonne chance!
CC.

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello and thanks a lot for your answers.

On Config tool 3.20, port 3800, I can't sipply login, I get a "login failed" ... with port 37777, I get message "Failed to start upgrading"
I also tried Config tool 4.09, it sees my VTO but cant' choose port 3800 ... and via port 37777 it fails and I get an exclamation mark without any further error message
With config tool 4.10 I installed from the Toolbox, It just doesn't see my VTO ...

What do you mean by the "VDPconfig" ??

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@cata, I found out the VDPconfig which is in the toolbox but specifically for the VTO / VTH, thanks for this but unfortunately the firmware upgrade doesn't work neither

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
@cata, I found out the VDPconfig which is in the toolbox but specifically for the VTO / VTH, thanks for this but unfortunately the firmware upgrade doesn't work neither
Bonjour, I do not understand why you write "but specifically for" - VDPConfig is the "new" configtool for the videophone/intercom devices. Is VDPConfig able to find your VTO doorbell?

Tonight, I remembered that the VTO does have a web interface (the VTH does not): try to browse to http://ip-of-your-VTO, and look whether (or not) you can enter the Webservices. In the settings menu, you can go to firmware directly.

Bonne chance!
CC

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Cata, what I mean by "DVPConfig specifically for VTO / VTH" is that in contracidtion with the Config Tool, DVPConfig on the top of its interface specificall has VTO / VTH etc ... I think that tool is more VTO / VTH oriented, but ok.
Yes, DVPConfig is able to see my VTO, no issue with that ... the only think is that the FW is not updating back to the older version.
So it fails trying to pass from "General_VTOXXX_Eng_P_16M_V3.120.0000.0.R.20180613" to "General_Multi3_VTO2000A_EngRusItlFreGetDutSpaPor_P_16M_V3.100.0000.0.R.20170305" for example.
... but trying to upgrade from "General_VTOXXX_Eng_P_16M_V3.120.0000.0.R.20180613" to the same FW it succeeds ...

I am wondering if that English firmware is really for my VTO, as it says "VTOXXX" and not VTO2000, and now that it is there, some functionalities are not working anymore.

So I want to go back to "General_Multi3_VTO2000A_EngRusItlFreGetDutSpaPor_P_16M_V3.100.0000.0.R.20170305"

The VTH has no web interface, the VTO has ... but again, I can connect to the web interface, no issue there ... but I am wondering if the FW downgrade issue is not due to the fact that port 3800 seems tp be closed due to that latest FW installation ...

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
The VTH has no web interface, the VTO has ... but again, I can connect to the web interface, no issue there ... but I am wondering if the FW downgrade issue is not due to the fact that port 3800 seems tp be closed due to that latest FW installation ...
From my notes, the 3800 port is for updating the VTH, not the VTO. I only updated my VTO, but through that webinterface. So did you actually try to downgrade through that interface (eg browse to the .bin and apply).

I am curious to know which features you lost on your VTO? Is the "Calling now" changed from french to english?

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
upgrading VTO through web interface is not possible as far as I know ?!?
The VTO module has a web interface but only shows the FW version, there is no option to upgrade from there , is it ?
Where is it ??

the biggest issue I have is that I have upgraded to an English FW and I leave in a french country, so this is an issue for y my visitors.

then When I go to the VTH and press the camera button to see what what happens outside, I have a black screen (althouh when someone rings I have a picture on the VTH)

Finally the "Autosnapshot" is not working anymore althouth it is set on the VTH ... meaning that when someone rings at the VTO, I see the missed or accepted call, but I do not see the pictures anymre taken when the person rings, although there is a micro SD card in the VTH . The "FTP" function still works though and with it pictures are stored on the ftp server.

I think the FW I have installed is not suitable for the VTO2000A, as it says "VTOXXX" ... reason why I want to go back to the pervious version ...

Attachments

Last edited:

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
upgrading VTO through web interface is not possible as far as I know ?!?
The VTO module has a web interface but only shows the FW version, there is no option to upgrade from there , is it ?
Where is it ??
I was mistaken with the IPCs, you are right: VTO does NOT have firmware capabilities in the Web Service.

the biggest issue I have is that I have upgraded to an English FW and I leave in a french country, so this is an issue for y my visitors.

then When I go to the VTH and press the camera button to see what what happens outside, I have a black screen (althouh when someone rings I have a picture on the VTH)

Finally the "Autosnapshot" is not working anymore althouth it is set on the VTH ... meaning that when someone rings at the VTO, I see the missed or accepted call, but I do not see the pictures anymre taken when the person rings, although there is a micro SD card in the VTH . The "FTP" function still works though and with it pictures are stored on the ftp server.

I think the FW I have installed is not suitable for the VTO2000A, as it says "VTOXXX" ... reason why I want to go back to the pervious version ...
Belgium is not a french country btw, we are still not annexed by France ;-)

What I would do in your situation: go in the VTH, delete all the already configured VTO's and reconnect, or, do a factory reset of all. Then start again with configuration of VTO (set IP in VDPConfig), set IP in VTH touchscreen - let them find each other and monitor.

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
lol - I am in the french part at least lol

I have already resetted my 2 VTH's and issue remains.
I have even tried the firmware update of the VTO having the VTH disconnected from the dahua router, so not powered on.

For the factory reset, what I have done is power on the VTO and press the ring button .... I see the led flashing but even after that the FW upgrade (should I say downgrade) is not working.
Is there another way to factory reset ?

Are you familiar with foing a telnet to connect to the VTO and mayve delete the firmware / data from there ?
Any way I can check for this 3800 port ? I am still convinced this may be the issue because the old version of the config tool is not allowing to connect to the VTO through this 3800 port anymore (think it is due to the f***** VTOXXX Eng FW I have installed) ?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
For the factory reset, what I have done is power on the VTO and press the ring button .... I see the led flashing but even after that the FW upgrade (should I say downgrade) is not working.
Is there another way to factory reset ?
I just checked in the webservices: you go under local config - 7th tab: Config Manager, and there: default all.

Are you familiar with foing a telnet to connect to the VTO and mayve delete the firmware / data from there ?
Any way I can check for this 3800 port ? I am still convinced this may be the issue because the old version of the config tool is not allowing to connect to the VTO through this 3800 port anymore (think it is due to the f***** VTOXXX Eng FW I have installed) ?
No, no experience with telnet, however there are lots of topics on "recovering bricked VTO" on this forum.

What you can try (never done this myself on VTO):

Code:
   Enable Telnet w/API Call (login with your admin account when prompted):
    Code:

http://<ip-address>/cgi-bin/configManager.cgi?action=setConfig&Telnet.Enable=true

Login: telnet <ip-address>
        Username: admin
        Password: 7ujMko0<YOURADMINPASSWORD>
            example: admin password ipcamtalk then use the password: 7ujMko0ipcamtalk
I doublechecked in the flow, VTO2000A does carry the VTOXXX Eng, so you did not flash an imcompatible firmware version.

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
yes, then I get a message "OK".

But in putty I try to Telnet, the blavk window appears but I have no prompt ... the window disappears instantly ...
"Connection closed by remote host"

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
yes, then I get a message "OK".

But in putty I try to Telnet, the blavk window appears but I have no prompt ... the window disappears instantly ...
;-(
You're sure you are doing port 23 telnet? I cannot test here, because all these ports are blocked towards the vlan where my VTO/VTH are hosted.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
yes I am sure, port 23 ...
Then the good news is, your VTO is still working and not bricked. I suggest you closely look at Dahua IPC unbricking / recovery over serial UART and TFTP, there you see pictures (of a non working VTO) on how to connect a serial cable to hook this to your pc. Then you'll get direct access to the VTO console.

But then again, never been on that slippery road, as you can break everything easily :-(

fa355115

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This procedure is far too cpmplicated and involves knowledge I do not know not material I do not have neither.
I have just tried to to do an hard reset by pressing 5 times the anti-theft button, also no luck.

I am stucked to this bloody firmware without I can downgrade anymore !

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
This procedure is far too cpmplicated and involves knowledge I do not know not material I do not have neither.
I have just tried to to do an hard reset by pressing 5 times the anti-theft button, also no luck.

I am stucked to this bloody firmware without I can downgrade anymore !
I sent you a private message which may help you out!