VTO2000A can it be installed without a physical VTH?

Reaction score
I did exactly the same thing. Firmware 4.3 as SIP.
I have also btw enabled the FTP upload: when someone rings at my door, it pushes the snapshots to an FTP server on my raspberry. Here I have a small inotifywait script running that pushes the images to a telegram channel, showing immediately who is at the door and if it is worth opening the gDMSS app ;-)

_lucas_

n3wb
Reaction score
Can you explain this better?
I can't get ftp to work and I'm going to install hom asistant on raspberry pi

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Did you manage to solve the "early media" problem? Are you now able to see live video when somebody presses the ring button?
Yes. The receiving SIP client has to be ready to recevice early media according to RFC3960. If it adds video codec in SDP of "180 Ringing" then asterisk sends a "183 Session Progress" to VTO and the video stream can be received by the client.
Most SIP phones/clients I tested so far just answer the INVITE with a "180 Ringing" without SDP - these are obviously not capable of early media.

Yassun

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes. The receiving SIP client has to be ready to recevice early media according to RFC3960. If it adds video codec in SDP of "180 Ringing" then asterisk sends a "183 Session Progress" to VTO and the video stream can be received by the client.
Most SIP phones/clients I tested so far just answer the INVITE with a "180 Ringing" without SDP - these are obviously not capable of early media.

your discussion is very interesting. Apparently dahua's VTO manages its own SIP server, is it possible to install a SIP client on iOS and make video calls from VTH to iphone and vice versa?

best regards

riogrande75

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I guess this could be possible, at least audio calls were possible when I hooked up a SIP client once.
But because of its poor configurability I did not have a look at the internal SIP server at all.