deviceinfo [1] = 0 .AlarmOutputChannels
deviceinfo [1] = VTO .DeviceClass
deviceinfo [1] = .DeviceType VTO2000A
deviceinfo [1] = 80 .HttpPort
deviceinfo [1] = .protocol Dahua
deviceinfo [1] = 0 .RemoteVideoInputChannels
deviceinfo [1] = .Vendor General_Multi3
deviceinfo [1] = .version 3.200.0000.0.R

I would like to integrate it with my home automation system (OpenHab)
I realized that to open the door I have to use:
../cgi-bin/accessControl.cgi?action=openDoor&channel=1&UserID=101&Type=Remote

But if I want to understand if someone has pressed the VTO button (someone ring at the door)
how can I do?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
But if I want to understand if someone has pressed the VTO button (someone ring at the door)
how can I do?
I looked for this couple of years ago when I bought my VTO2000A's, however I never integrated it as I do want to verify first (by hand) on iDMSS/gDMSS app before I open the doors (with that app).

For visitors, I do have a VTH touchscreen installed, which also has the ability to open the door on screen.

Looking back at my notes from back then, I had noted section 12.6.1 from https://s3.amazonaws.com/amcrest-files/Amcrest+HTTP+API+3.2017.pdf which has some kind of "sensemethod" to query the logs on "if" a button has been pressed "the last 10 seconds". For sure it will generate millions of polling requests.

On the other hand, once I had that VTH installed, there are ways to use the included alarm-out (cfr https://shopdelta.eu/obrazki1/dhi-vth1550ch_img4_d.jpg) to hook up additional (external) bells, but you could eventually slip that alarm-out to your HAB server and go from there.

So if you have a VTH, you might look into that direction too?

Good luck!
CC

Reaction score
Thx u
But i have only the VTO
i want use the DMSS app from the tablet insteat of the VTH

i will try with the Query Alarm record but I'm not sure that pressing a button will generate alarm-type events

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi,

I cross-checked with my VTO, you still have something like "Call History":

Each "begin time" is at a button-press. So that API query should access these details.

Take note: pressing the button will just "log an entry". Your HAB system needs to query the VTO to check if the button has been pressed. So the delay between each query is "time lost".

Hope this helps!
CC

Reaction score
Hello,

thanks for the help but I can't find the right call to get that log

I tried to search the event log with some commands but without success

/cgi-bin/log.cgi?action=doFind&token=1&count=100

always return
found = 0

/cgi-bin/recordFinder.cgi?action=find&name=AlarmRecord&StartTime=2014-8-25%2000:02:32&EndTime=2014-8-25%2001:02:32&count=500

always return

error
ErrorID = 5, Detail = Server internal error!

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
ErrorID = 5, Detail = Server internal error!
So I took some time to analyse this myself as I may need it later on in my home automation project too. The recordFinder script is good, but the AlarmRecord type is wrong.

I tried this:

http://<IP here>/cgi-bin/recordFinder.cgi?action=find&name=VideoTalkLog

And voilà!

You only need to parse that output and off you go!

Good luck!
CC

Reaction score
Thx U!!!
unfortunately the VideoTalkLog is updated only after answering!

I have also tried this project
johnnyletrois/dahua-watch

works also with VTO2000

unfortunately pressing the VTO button does not generate any type of event :(((((

I tried to readjust it using this URL
URL_TEMPLATE = "http://{host}:{port}/cgi-bin/VideoTalkPeer.cgi?action=attachState"

instead of
URL_TEMPLATE = "http://{host}:{port}/cgi-bin/eventManager.cgi?action=attach&codes=%5B{events}%5D"

but the API
/cgi-bin/VideoTalkPeer.cgi?action=attachState
return me

[
{
"id" : 10001,
"result" : 26536776,
"session" : "f7cee2f3c3ea02a8976c08c9b6a40baa"
},
{
"id" : 10002,
"params" : {
"CallID" : "123456"
},
"result" : true,
"session" : "f7cee2f3c3ea02a8976c08c9b6a40baa"
}
]

and not update their status

But from the API documentatios say
12.1.1 Subscribe video talk status

Params in Response: State: in range of {“Ringing”, “Inviting”, “Answer”, “Refuse”, “Cancel”, “Hangup”, “Busying” }

Last edited:

mifrey

n3wb
Reaction score
Have you found a way?

The only solution I have found with my VTO2111D-WP is described here Dahua VTO2111 notification to home automation system

Well, the other solution I found is to install the SIP firmware and the PBX Asterisk on one of my Raspberry Pi. This is a bit more complex and it has other issues. You need to use a SIP client such as Linphone on Android to receive the calls but I have not found a way to see the video before answering the call in Linphone. However I found a way with Tasker: When I receive a call Tasker splits the screen then opens the HTTP url of the video stream in Chrome. Well, but that is another story... ;-)

Last edited:

Gleneroo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello

Relating to APIs, this is not for browsing the call history, but simply for unlocking the door:

http://192.168.1.110/cgi-bin/accessControl.cgi?action=openDoor&channel=1&UserID=101&Type=Remote

For me, this works.

I want to use it also in my own home automation system (e.g. when turning on the alarm, it is because we are going out, so open the door for x seconds).

The problem left I have is, when running this URL in a browser, I am requested credentials. Is there a way to remove it (VTO doesn't seem to allow a blank account at user creation) or give them in the URL ? Everything I tried didn't work.

Thank you

Gleneroo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It works perfectly!

Thanks!

Edit: Very nice, it is now integrated into my home automation system: whenever I turn on the alarm system (means we are leaving), it waits 20 seconds=time to go down the stairs, then unlocks the door for 20 seconds.

Last edited:

Gleneroo

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Have you found a way?

The only solution I have found with my VTO2111D-WP is described here Dahua VTO2111 notification to home automation system

Well, the other solution I found is to install the SIP firmware and the PBX Asterisk on one of my Raspberry Pi. This is a bit more complex and it has other issues. You need to use a SIP client such as Linphone on Android to receive the calls but I have not found a way to see the video before answering the call in Linphone. However I found a way with Tasker: When I receive a call Tasker splits the screen then opens the HTTP url of the video stream in Chrome. Well, but that is another story... ;-)
SIP s/w with Asterisk seems a great solution but as you said, quite more complex.
I don't really like the other solution to continuously monitor traffic. It is also not simple.

In VTO webservice, and also in VTH settings, I see it is possible to configure an additional VTH. It would get a signal in case of button press. I wonder if it could be possible to configure an extra fake VTH, which would be the home automation system. What do you think ?

Reaction score
@blademckain: I know when someone is at my door by activating the FTP upload of snapshots on the VTO, when I then get new snapshots on the FTP server (by using inotifywait), I push them towards a Telegram channel and I can also trigger alerts in my Home Automation system...