VTO2111D and SIP

Teklock

n3wb
Reaction score

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Would be nice to get one for the VTO3221D. Hoped the firmware might same for the VTO2111D, but seems they’ve got different memory 16 vs. 32MB.

Last edited:

int

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did anyone try it yet!?
Any luck with it!?

INT

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You also own a VTO3221D, just try to flash it ;) Tried the SIP Firmware for the VTH5221DW-C without luck. With that Firmware my VTO won't work with the VTH. VTH is reachable via configtool but says "Network Problems" if trying to reach VTO. No problems with regular firmware, but also no SIP :(

Edit: I just checked the download area again and saw there's a SIP Version for the 3221 available, now. So I'll have to try this :)

Last edited:

int

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You also own a VTO3221D, just try to flash it ;) Tried the SIP Firmware for the VTH5221DW-C without luck. With that Firmware my VTO won't work with the VTH. VTH is reachable via configtool but says "Network Problems" if trying to reach VTO. No problems with regular firmware, but also no SIP :(

Edit: I just checked the download area again and saw there's a SIP Version for the 3221 available, now. So I'll have to try this :)
I was more wondering about the VTO2111D...

Sent by me using Tapatalk

Crazykiller

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Did not get the SIP firmware working with my router yet. Have to try further when I have more time.

int

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nope not yet, time is rare with a baby to care
Alright - I see. Congrats to new family addition!
When I have the setup - I might try it...but at first I hope for a just good working kit... but it is still not complete.

INT

Reaction score
Hello everyone. New to the Dahua ecosystem but eager player here :)

I just upgraded my VTO2111D-WP to the 3.300 firmware from the dahuasecurity.com website. It took me a while cause the site is blocked from my region (Argentina) but thanks to a VPN, I managed to get to it and dowload the software.

I had used another 3.300 firmware before which consisted in two steps
2. Install "General_VTO2111D_Eng_P_16M_V3.120.0000.0.R.20170803.bin" first
3. Install "General_VTO2111D-data_Eng_P_16M_SIP_PART_V3.300.0000000.1.T.20180309.bin" second

But the SIP settings would not appear on the GUI. Finally, the full 3.300 from the link above was used and now I can configure the SIP parameters.

I have not yet tested-it integrating into my PBX but will try ASAP

So far though, the only thing I noticed is that the Access Control options to open the door using an RFID card seems to be gone. No more "enroll card" button (you can still access it using F12 on your browser and un-hiding certain elements).. but its hidden out of the box. I'll post another message showing how I got it working..

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi! Just wanted to follow up. Using the 3.300 version of the firmware, I was able to interoperate the doorbell with an asterisk PBX (freePBX) without any issues. The main detail is that you have to specify that the extension you configure for the VTO must send the DTMF digits as a SIP-inform message instead of an RTP event, otherwise the door open functionality does not work.

Yo do lose the swipe-card / contactless door entry feature as well as using the native dahua APP for remote usage (you need your own SIP phone app on your mobile).

Finally.. using the VTO as a SIP server (instead of a SIP client to an external server) is a bit harder. Some soft-phones worked well, but other SIP appliances (desk phones, in particular Gigaset SIP devices), would not properly register or accept calls, so its a bit hit or miss. But the basic functionality is there.

I haven't manage to test video yet though, as none of my SIP clients support H264 video at the moment.

AR22

n3wb
Reaction score
Looks like there is a SIP firmware for the VTO2111D doorbell! I don't have mine anymore, but this was just what i was looking for...

https://share.dahuasecurity.com:8080/Index.aspx?name=FCFA47E1A015A9EA1D750AC48AFAC038&system=FCFA47E1A015A9EA85387DD5C18BFEF1

Všechny firmware pro zařízení Dahua naleznete také zde:

https://share.dahuasecurity.com:8080/Login.aspx

login: CZEGUEST
heslo: CZEGUEST2018
the login is not working anymore. can anyone share the latest firmware?

Marco99

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi! Just wanted to follow up. Using the 3.300 version of the firmware, I was able to interoperate the doorbell with an asterisk PBX (freePBX) without any issues. The main detail is that you have to specify that the extension you configure for the VTO must send the DTMF digits as a SIP-inform message instead of an RTP event, otherwise the door open functionality does not work.

Yo do lose the swipe-card / contactless door entry feature as well as using the native dahua APP for remote usage (you need your own SIP phone app on your mobile).

Finally.. using the VTO as a SIP server (instead of a SIP client to an external server) is a bit harder. Some soft-phones worked well, but other SIP appliances (desk phones, in particular Gigaset SIP devices), would not properly register or accept calls, so its a bit hit or miss. But the basic functionality is there.

I haven't manage to test video yet though, as none of my SIP clients support H264 video at the moment.
Can you tell me how you did flash the VTO2111D SIP firmware. I'm trying to install the file: General_VTO2111D_Eng_P_16M_SIP_V3.300.0000001.0.R.20180105.zip but without any luck so far.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Hi Marco .I need to check my notes back. But you won't be able to install the big zip file. You need to open it up and look for the bin file inside. I'll get back to you asap on which firmware i used and how I installed it .

Marco99

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the fast reply! Ah ok, within the zip there is:
General_VTO2111D_Eng_P_16M_SIP_V3.300.0000001.0.R.20180105.bin
General_VTO2111D_Eng_P_16M_SIP_V3.300.0000001.0.R.20180105.language.bin
Upall_VTO2111D.20180105.bin

and a lot of *.img files, which normally are inside the bin file(s) ;-) That confused me a bit. I'll try to install Upall_VTO2111D.20180105.bin first, that is the largest file of the 3

Reaction score
Yeah. Not sure what the upall one is. The smaller files are useful to to install via tftp in rescue mode (which might be needed if this firmware is not signed and the one in your doorbell is) . Basically if the upload fails a few times it means it's unsigned and rejected (or that's what I saw) .You can extract the bin file and find the signature inside but it's a bit complicated .

Marco99

n3wb
Reaction score
Upall_VTO2111D.20180105.bin was being rejected, I got a "Not BIOS upgrade file" notification. No idea what this file is really for.

General_VTO2111D_Eng_P_16M_SIP_V3.300.0000001.0.R.20180105.bin I tried next and that one went fine. I have the VTO2111D now up and running with v3.300 (2018-1-5) and see the SIP options. The only thing what would be handy is a SIP manual, I'm still a bit puzzled by the new menu items and options. Have you found a recent SIP manual online?

Marco99

n3wb
Reaction score
<frustration mode on> A frustrating trial and error day, trying to get the VTO2111D with SIP firmware working. Why is Dahua lacking some decent (up to date) manuals :( With this company it's really hard to find the right firmware(s) and/or decent documentation. They seem to have different policies and procedures per country ... Insane and very customer unfriendly!</frustration mode off>

I got the VTO connected to my SIP provider, but the moment I make a call and I try to pickup it up on my mobile, the call gets terminated. Calling with any other SIP device from within my network, and the same SIP provider, works well.

It's absolutly NO fun wasting sooo much time on configuring a 'simple' intercom device.

Who go this fully working? Before I install the SIP firmware on my VTO3221D and VTH5221D I want to see first a working demo with my VTO2111D.