VTO2111D-P-S2 not ringing on phone when connected to NVR DHI-NVR4108-P-4KS2

smpillai11

n3wb
Reaction score
I had connected VTO2111D-P-S2 directly to the router using a POE power supply and everything was working well. When doorbell is pressed it rings on the phone on gDMSS Plus app.
Now I have connected the VTO to NVR and added it sucessfully. I am able to see and record VTO video on the NVR and also was able to add it back to gDMSS Plus app using the NVR IP address
I have also subscribed to he messages for VTO on gDMSS
However when the doorbell button is pressed it no longer rings on the phone
Can someone please help me with this?

Last edited:

ThomasCamFan

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
On a typical Dahua POE equipped NVR, if the doorbell is connected to the built-in POE ports the doorbell (and cameras) will be isolated from your LAN. That is to say, the POE devices will be on an entirely different IP subnet. This configuration blocks them from the router.

One workaround is to directly connect the doorbell to your LAN (using a POE switch) and assign it with an IP address that is in the LAN subnet. Then add the doorbell to your NVR.

- Thomas

smpillai11

n3wb
Reaction score
On a typical Dahua POE equipped NVR, if the doorbell is connected to the built-in POE ports the doorbell (and cameras) will be isolated from your LAN. That is to say, the POE devices will be on an entirely different IP subnet. This configuration blocks them from the router.

One workaround is to directly connect the doorbell to your LAN (using a POE switch) and assign it with an IP address that is in the LAN subnet. Then add the doorbell to your NVR.

- Thomas
Excellent suggestion. Thanks that works