IP Cam Talk

Welcome to the new IPCT! If you are having an issue logging in, please clear your cookies / cache.

VTO2111D-WP bricked, won't recover

Reaction score
Hi, perhaps my problem is to setup the UART.
What do I need to establish the connection between the VTO and the PC?

I assume that to achieve a correct UART connection, I will need to have a special interface and make a correct wiring setup.
So far I`ve connected the VTO to the PC via RJ45 cable, and made the static network configuration explained in the link mentioned in the comment above.

Do you have a drawing or photo explaining the connections and interface, required to establish the connectivity between the VTO and the PC, required to run the TFTP?

Thanks for your help.

cazanova

n3wb
Reaction score
To connect the PC and the VTO in LAN network is possible through a router, switch or direct connection between the two devices

Reaction score
I`ve tried the LAN network connection, but that is not working.

So, I think that I need to connect the VTO to a PC with CP2102 USB to UART bridge, and my question is how can I identify in the VTO motherboard the serial port location and the correct pinout.

The file VTO MB.docx bellow, contains the VTO motherboard photo with two red circles to signalise in my opinion the possible serial port locations, I think the correct one is the one in the left top corner, and in that case I need to identify the correct pin out: 3,3v, GRD, RX e TX.

Any help?

Attachments

cazanova

n3wb
Reaction score
The UART port is the smallest connector located in the lower left and the order of the pins is: 3.3v GND Rx TX. Remember to connect the TX pin of the VTO to the RX pin of the CP2102 and the RX pin to the TX pin respectively.

test12345

n3wb
Reaction score
For the VTO-2111d, can I connect it via the RS485 to USB adapter to my PC for unbricking? Thanks