VTO2202F-P Intercom with NVR?

Reaction score
I have the VTO2202F-P intercom, a Dahua 8-port PoE NVR, and the small tablet screen that comes with the intercom.

What's the best way to get all of this working together? Could I plug both the Intercom and the tablet screen into the NVR via Ethernet?

And it seems like when someone rings the intercom, it will ring the tablet, which I'd have to put somewhere in the house. Is there a Mobile app way of getting notified by the Intercom when someone rings it from anywhere in the world? I have the iDMSS Plus app already for my cameras

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
I have the VTO2202F-P intercom, a Dahua 8-port PoE NVR, and the small tablet screen that comes with the intercom.

What's the best way to get all of this working together? Could I plug both the Intercom and the tablet screen into the NVR via Ethernet?

And it seems like when someone rings the intercom, it will ring the tablet, which I'd have to put somewhere in the house. Is there a Mobile app way of getting notified by the Intercom when someone rings it from anywhere in the world? I have the iDMSS Plus app already for my cameras
I have a VTO221G-WP hooked up to my NVR. Works perfectly. The only (minor) issue is that the audio doesn't record to the NVR when someone initiates a call from the VTO. But I have two other cameras with a mic that will pick up the coversation.

Can't speak to DMSS but if you're able to access your NVR from said app, it should work with the VTO as well.

Just be aware that there are documented security issues using the P2P option.

Reaction score
I have a VTO221G-WP hooked up to my NVR. Works perfectly. The only (minor) issue is that the audio doesn't record to the NVR when someone initiates a call from the VTO. But I have two other cameras with a mic that will pick up the coversation.

Can't speak to DMSS but if you're able to access your NVR from said app, it should work with the VTO as well.

Just be aware that there are documented security issues using the P2P option.
Do you interface with your Villa intercom with that tablet screen only - or what’s your method of receiving a call from it? How do you have the tablet hooked up?

I take it you don’t use the mobile app for security issues, but it would be nice to be able to answer a call from the intercom from anywhere in the world remotely

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
Do you interface with your Villa intercom with that tablet screen only - or what’s your method of receiving a call from it? How do you have the tablet hooked up?

I take it you don’t use the mobile app for security issues, but it would be nice to be able to answer a call from the intercom from anywhere in the world remotely
The VTH is hooked up to the NVR via a POE splitter. It's the only way I have of answering calls but we don't have the necessity of any other way right now.

Reaction score
How come you needed a PoE Splitter to connect it to your NVR? Also, are you able to put your camera feeds and recordings onto the VTH? That would be cool if easily doable

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
How come you needed a PoE Splitter to connect it to your NVR? Also, are you able to put your camera feeds and recordings onto the VTH? That would be cool if easily doable
I should have explained a bit more about the POE splitter. The NVR connects to a POE splitter. I have the VTH and a wireless access point connected to the POE splitter. Saves on cabling inside the house.

The VTO has a SD card slot but I've not found a way to download the videos from that. I just have the NVR record 24/7 from the VTO.

Reaction score
I have the Villa intercom camera plugged into the back of my PoE NVR directly, but I can't get it to show up in the Camera list. Tried rebooting and different ports, etc.

Reaction score
If I plug the VTH and VTO into a PoE switch and then the Switch into the NVR... I can see the VTO on the device list on the VTH.

If I plug the VTH and VTO directly into the NVR without the PoE Switch, I cannot see the VTO in the device list on the VTH.

CanCuba

Known around here
Reaction score
I have the Villa intercom camera plugged into the back of my PoE NVR directly, but I can't get it to show up in the Camera list. Tried rebooting and different ports, etc.
If you plug the VTO and VTH into the POE switch and then the NVR, can you see both devices on the camera list? Even though it doesn't have a camera, the VTH also shows up.

What NVR do you have? It is POE? If so, what's the wattage and current draw by the cameras you have installed? You may be running out of power on the POE switch of the NVR if it is POE.

Reaction score
No, even with the PoE switch into the NVR, none of it shows up in the NVR's Camera List.

When I have them both into the PoE switch and then the NVR, I can see the VTO in the device list on the VTH, not the NVR. Whereas direct into the NVR, I couldn't even see the VTO on the VTH.

I have an 8 port PoE. Current power draw is only 10.5/130.0 W